Chicago Gourmet Hot Dogs

ScottM

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
iBazinga!
Hard to tell if this is a good idea or hipster hell

http://www.chicagomag.com/Chicago-Magazine/July-2011/Chicago-Gourmet-Hot-Dog-Guide/

C201107-T-Gourmet-Hot-dogs-Franks-n-Dawgs.jpg

Brunch Dog: pork loin breakfast sausage with corncob-smoked bacon, fried egg, and maple mayo ($8.50). Herby sausage, lingering smoke, and maple. The delicious mess of the fried egg makes for a knife-and-fork meal.

Other Dogs:

1. Argentina: grilled Argentine sausage and chimichurri on a French roll ($4.50). A decent sausage, a goodish roll, and a thin spread of sour chimichurri add up to adequate.

2. Alligator sausage with Asian chili sauce and caramelized onions ($7.50). With a good sausage and supporting cast of toppings, this dish hits notes of sweet, smoky, spicy, and salty, but it’s grilled so long that it develops a woody crust of char.

3. Jalapeño-bacon sausage with chipotle-cilantro mayo and queso fresco ($5.75). Sizable chunks of bacon and jalapeño in the sausage lend variety to different bites; the mayo and queso enrich the overall flavor.

4. Foie gras and Sauternes duck sausage with truffle aïoli, foie gras mousse, and fleur de sel ($9). A masterpiece that balances the richness of foie and truffles with the bright flavors in the aïoli and the bite of the salt.

This all really sounds like pretentious New York Foodie swill.

It's from Chicago Magazine and you're calling it "New York Foodie Swill"?:confused:

It's from Chicago Magazine and you're calling it "New York Foodie Swill"?:confused:
Yep, I think it is inspired by all those New York foodies who try to invent new dinning experiences like fusion food and things made out of liquid nitrogen that go from a solid to gas in your mouth. Far too many food experiments come from New York and I think these Chicago restaurants were inspired by the pretentious NY food scene.

When it come to pretentious food NY leads the world. It is their only claim to being number one in anything related to food. Xenu knows that NY hot dogs, pizza, BBq, etc suck the giant Thetan!

Last edited:
Whatever it is, it is obviously something concocted up by Easterners. You call us Californians weird?????

John

Yep, I think it is inspired by all those New York foodies who try to invent new dinning experiences like fusion food and things made out of liquid nitrogen that go from a solid to gas in your mouth. !

Been to Alinea yet?

-Skip

That is exactly the type of pretentious NY foodie inspired nonsense I am referring to. The founders and creative team of that place are all NY food trained or inspired.

Been to Alinea yet?

-Skip

Back