Cherokee 140 with a baggage area

Todd82

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Todd
Came across a 140 with an actual baggage area behind the back seats. Not just the "hat rack" area, it was as if someone had removed the "shelf" part of the hat rack area so that it was full height from the floor behind the back seat on up, similar to say a 180 just sans the baggage door on the side. Seller claims its an STC, but my Google skills aren't coming up with anything conclusive and I'm not fluent in STC-ese. Anyone else seen one of these? Is the STC still available and would the labor cost less than a first born?

There is a 140 at 44N with the same mod. (At least it was in a hanger there 6 months ago) I am probably flying into 44N on Monday. I'll see if I can track the owner down.

If you are thinking about buying the plane, have the seller show you the maintenance entry and 337. If he can’t produce paperwork, then I wouldn’t recommend buying. In fact, you and a mechanic should review all of the records very closely. It’s all part of the prebuy process.

If you are thinking about buying the plane, have the seller show you the maintenance entry and 337. If he can’t produce paperwork, then I wouldn’t recommend buying. In fact, you and a mechanic should review all of the records very closely. It’s all part of the prebuy process.
Well I don't want *that* plane (price isn't reasonable) but was interested in finding out if this is a viable option for a 140 in general.

Well I don't want *that* plane (price isn't reasonable) but was interested in finding out if this is a viable option for a 140 in general.
I think you missed the point made by SkyDog. If you were looking at the plane (whether or not you wanted it) you could have asked to see the logs, and then you'd know if it has a STC and by who. If you looked at it and it was for sale, you probably could still ask for an emailed copy of the logs.

As an owner and long-time Warrior / Cherokee enthusiast, I've only ever seen the hat-rack mod for the 140.

My Dad had a friend that was a DER and installed a baggage compartment door on his 140...

Back