Chemicals in your food [NA]

TangoWhiskey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
3Green
"Butyl acetate is commonly used as a solvent or as a synthetic fruit flavoring."

Source: Article about a train derailment in Kentucky, where a tanker of Butyl Acetate is on fire.

I know they put chemicals in food, but can one of you chemist/food science people help me understand how/why they can/would put a SOLVENT in my peaches!?!?

"Butyl acetate is commonly used as a solvent or as a synthetic fruit flavoring."

I know they put chemicals in food, but can one of you chemist/food science people help me understand how/why they can/would put a SOLVENT in my peaches!?!?

It helps the digestion process as the food is already starting to dissolve BEFORE you eat it. :rofl:

Source: Article about a train derailment in Kentucky, where a tanker of Butyl Acetate is on fire.

How do you feel about cyanide in your almonds? ethanol in your bread? All natural. Acetone breath from ketosis (too much meat in the diet)? Natural. d-limonene? Cleaner and degreaser from citrus. Amyl acetate? Responsible for banana fragrance. In fact, many fruit odors are tied to acetate esters (hence butyl acetate). How 'bout some Tocopherols and Tocotrienols???? No! Don't think you need vitamin E huh.

I believe solvent (ethanol) in your peaches would be known as Dekuyper's Peach Schnapps.

The thing that scares me the most is that one of the most effective universal solvents, di-Hydrogen Oxide is found in large quantities in most peaches.

As we used to say, "Better living through chemistry." but I think there was another meaning there.

The thing that scares me the most is that one of the most effective universal solvents, di-Hydrogen Oxide is found in large quantities in most peaches.
So, should I ever consider suicide... I should eat a lot of peaches??? :rofl:

There's another joke in there but I'll leave that to the pros on the red board. :D

A woman just died of di-Hydrogen Oxide poisoning in California:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6261509.stm

This, needs to be banned!

It's actually dihydrogen-monoxide, H2O, also available (somewhat altered) at any drugstore, as (Hydrogen Peroxide) H2O2,
a very dangerous, corrosive, a clear, colorless and odorless chemical , found in Acid Rain, and Battery Acid, amongst others....used in the distillation, and preparation of illegal drugs, such as HEROIN!!

The CDC has stated that young children coming into contact with it,
can suffer fatalities, yet it is readily available in every school in the country!

read more here:

http://www.johncglass.com/documents/dihydrogen-monoxide.htm

:goofy: :goofy: :goofy:

Too bad it didn't happen in the summer- it'd attract every Japanese beetle in the state into the fire! The beetles home in on the butyl acetate given off by flowers as part of their fragrance.

This, needs to be banned!

It's actually dihydrogen-monoxide, H2O, also available (somewhat altered) at any drugstore, as (Hydrogen Peroxide) H2O2,
a very dangerous, corrosive, a clear, colorless and odorless chemical , found in Acid Rain, and Battery Acid, amongst others....used in the distillation, and preparation of illegal drugs, such as HEROIN!!

The CDC has stated that young children coming into contact with it,
can suffer fatalities, yet it is readily available in every school in the country!

read more here:

http://www.johncglass.com/documents/dihydrogen-monoxide.htm

:goofy: :goofy: :goofy:

Or at www.dhmo.org

:D :D :D

Back