Cheers to Dr Bruce

saracelica

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
saracelica
Everyone knows Dr Bruce. He's great. I thought I'd create a thread to "remind" him how appreciated he is to us. So if he feels like he needs a vacation or something he can come back to this thread.

I have two comments to how super he is.
- My Pastor use to fly in the 70's due to some medical issues his medical couldn't get renewed. He knows I'm a pilot and said "I'm on ADD meds what do I have to do to get a medical" so I went to the expert and he replied with the form that my Pastor will have to get filled out - after he's off the meds for 60 days. Granted I'm a member of this board but he could've easily said "Go figure it out yourself - google is your friend" He didn't. My Pastor is happy there is technically a solution but he's not fond of being off the medication.

- My CFII questioned me about the High blood pressure medicine I'm on (like 60% of America is on) and I said to my CFII "I know it's fine I brought a pile of paper to the doctor of approved medicine and had her choose one" we sat and tried to find that paperwork again to no avail. I told him I'll find it and email him. I chose to email Dr Bruce and ask "Is such and such meds okay for me as a Pilot" he replied within 3 hours "yep it is" Again he could've had me go to Google and research but he knew the answer and told me. I then forwarded the email to my CFII and he's happy as well. :)

Thanks Dr Bruce. You are a gem to us pilots!

Dr Bruce did an unbelievable amount of work on my behalf to enable me to qualify for a 3d class this year.

I had sleep apena and a motorcycle accident, either one of which might have held up my medical for months or years. He held up all the hoops for me to jump through to enable him to issue my certificate on the spot.

He charged the price of one short cross country in my club's C177RG.

Highly recommended.

Dr. Bruce helped an elderly female Alaska icon with some medical issues. He has a good heart.

The short time I have been on here I have most enjoyed reading Bruce's ever brilliant and sage recommendations from heart issues to sinus meds.
Thanks Bruce, you have made me a more informed pilot. And it has helped with my AME.
Great cheers to you

No doubt, the man's a prince. That he freely gives so much of his time and knowledge here testifies to his love for aviation and his fellow aviators.

-Rich

About five years ago, I was fortunate enough to meet Dr. Bruce and his wife for dinner, along with several others, at Schaumburg Airport (06C). He's a nice guy here on the boards and an even nicer guy in person.:yes:

You'e all read of Doctor Chien's particular skills as an AME, and the accolades are all well-earned, of this you must be certain.

Bruce is too modest, though, to brag on his considerable skills as a grill chef, skills about which I can testify with gusto, having sampled his fare at Gaston's.

He's also good for conversation at the supper table.

All in all, a "good egg," or, as one might say here in the Great and Sovereign State of Texas, a "real hoss."

I will join in to thank Dr. Bruce for all he does to keep us aging GA pilots flying. I don't know him personally, but feel like I do from all his posts I have read. Thanks, Dr. Bruce!

You'e all read of Doctor Chien's particular skills as an AME, and the accolades are all well-earned, of this you must be certain.

Bruce is too modest, though, to brag on his considerable skills as a grill chef, skills about which I can testify with gusto, having sampled his fare at Gaston's.

He's also good for conversation at the supper table.

All in all, a "good egg," or, as one might say here in the Great and Sovereign State of Texas, a "real hoss."
Yeah, what he said. Times infinity.

I've received help from Doc Bruce on these boards and even a call he made to me back when I was dealing the prostate cancer and a pulmonary embolism that followed the surgery. Followed his instructions and the PC SI came back so fast you wouldn't believe it. His advice is golden and I've learned more about health reading his posts than from all the doctors I've seen in the past 60 years. I'm really looking forward to meeting him in person some day.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back