Checkrides and Instrument Currency

Probably irrelevent to this thread, but i know if you went through ATP's professional pilot program, you would get your AMEL before your instrument rating.

That way, you could do your entire instrument rating in the twin engine plane, logging that much more PIC in a twin, and they take your instrument rating checkride in a twin.

I don't know from experience, I took an exam at an ATP facility once, and one of their instructors told me that.

Probably irrelevent to this thread, but i know if you went through ATP's professional pilot program, you would get your AMEL before your instrument rating.

That way, you could do your entire instrument rating in the twin engine plane, logging that much more PIC in a twin, and they take your instrument rating checkride in a twin.

I don't know from experience, I took an exam at an ATP facility once, and one of their instructors told me that.

That's also similar to how ATP runs their CFI/II/MEI program. MEI initial and CFII checkrides are conducted in the multi and then the CFI-A addon in a single (more multi PIC that way).

In response to Mari and Lance, I did my ME before the instrument requirement was added to it. This was in about 1981 or 82.

In response to Mari and Lance, I did my ME before the instrument requirement was added to it. This was in about 1981 or 82.
I'm guessing I did mine in about 1986 or 87. I was slow at getting around to it.

For the most part, yes...but what if you get most of your PP ride done, and the weather deteriorates, and you come out a couple weeks later to get that one short-field landing knocked out...angels on a pinhead...but...
There's nothing in 61.57(a) which suggests that a practical test, flight review, or any other flight evaluation in and of itself substitutes for the three takeoffs and landings required to carry pax.

Back