Checkride complete...

TimRF79

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Tim
Passed my instrument check ride Monday.
It was "interesting:, my foggles broke before take-off (luckily the DPE had a set).
A plane was flying a "SAR" pattern over the first airport we flew into, so we had to navigate around that.
A plane fly parallel to the RNAV course on airport three, but ignored all attempts to contact them via radio, then the landed on the opposite side runway...

The oral was a walk in the park, felt only 5% of what I studied came up... Well you learn for life..

Congrats.

With the oral if you have a good score on the written and breeze though their initial probing in the oral I think some DPEs figure they’re comfortable knowing you know you’re stuff... the only question at that point is can you fly for real so they just quickly move into that. Some DPEs also take some of the oral questions up in the air a bit and ask you things as the flight progresses. “If X happened right now what would you do?” Etc

Congratulations!

Congrats on your checkride.

That SAR pattern was probably related to searching for an activated ELT. They wouldn't be doing it over an airport unless it was a real activation. Most likely a shop was working on an ELT and set it off or someone had a hard landing and the ELT thought they crashed. Either way, they're doing this because sometimes it isn't something trivial.

Well done. Now time to use the rating for yourself!

Passed my instrument check ride Monday.
It was "interesting:, my foggles broke before take-off (luckily the DPE had a set).
A plane was flying a "SAR" pattern over the first airport we flew into, so we had to navigate around that.
A plane fly parallel to the RNAV course on airport three, but ignored all attempts to contact them via radio, then the landed on the opposite side runway...

The oral was a walk in the park, felt only 5% of what I studied came up... Well you learn for life..

Nice try on the Foggles thing. did you promise not to peek.:) Congratulations. Welcome to the goo.

Congrats on your checkride.

That SAR pattern was probably related to searching for an activated ELT. They wouldn't be doing it over an airport unless it was a real activation. Most likely a shop was working on an ELT and set it off or someone had a hard landing and the ELT thought they crashed. Either way, they're doing this because sometimes it isn't something trivial.

If they’re flying a pattern over the airport instead of landing and walking to the mechanic shop with DF gear in hand and saying “It’s right there”, they’re being morons or milking the search budget for flight time. Takes five minutes to find it on the ground.

Way to go!!! I'm getting close myself. SOUP'S ON!!!

Congratulations! I am half way into my IR flight training. Any tips on how to enter the hold? Thank you in advance

Back