Check your cowl after any work

Never found anything left in my planes, but opened the hood of my GMC pickup for a look, before driving away from the dealership after a service, and found a 3/8" drive ratchet, and deep socket on it. I always look over my vehicles before I leave a dealership after they do any work, because I don't trust them. But after find that, I looked extra close that day. Then I walked inside, showed the service writer what I had found. Let her know how annoyed I was about it. Then i went to the reception desk, and asked to speak with the general manager. Voiced my displeasure to him as well. He returned the money I had just spent on my truck, and apologized. Never trust any mechanic, always double check their work.

Never found anything left in my planes, but opened the hood of my GMC pickup for a look, before driving away from the dealership after a service, and found a 3/8" drive ratchet, and deep socket on it. I always look over my vehicles before I leave a dealership after they do any work, because I don't trust them. But after find that, I looked extra close that day. Then I walked inside, showed the service writer what I had found. Let her know how annoyed I was about it. Then i went to the reception desk, and asked to speak with the general manager. Voiced my displeasure to him as well. He returned the money I had just spent on my truck, and apologized. Never trust any mechanic, always double check their work.
So THATS where the 10mm socket went to....

My A&P took my plane for a test flight after the work was done. Stayed close to the airport. Did a bunch of steep turns and touch and go's.

Some companies have a policy of not interrupting a mechanic when he is immersed in his work .

It was determined that a majority of "mechanics forgetfulness" could be attributed to them being interrupted by a phone call , or conversation , or taken from the current repair to solve a problem somewhere else.

It is like it "erases" part of your memory and when you come back to resume the task you ask yourself ... "now where was I at" ... and you sometimes forget the little things .

I would have loved seeing that myself. Raccoons are quite funny little animals (as long as they are not in my house or my trash can)
It was too funny, the Racoon was unharmed but I imagine terrified and perhaps a little singed.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back