Check your Arrows...

I'm assuming the weight of the fuselage is supported by blocks or something, because the weight on the landing gear would cause the attach point to bind. My guess is they were in the process of removing the wing and filmed the clip to mess with people.

Whew! Thank you!

Captain Obvious! Thank you.....simplest explanation, but the comments have been fun!
Well, I may be captain obvious, but I've seen this clip a half a dozen times now on forums and random Facebook groups, and there are plenty of people who seem to think the video was legit and it's a thing. That said, I've come across some planes with some questionable stuff going on (and no I didn't fly them).

Well, I may be captain obvious, but I've seen this clip a half a dozen times now on forums and random Facebook groups, and there are plenty of people who seem to think the video was legit and it's a thing. That said, I've come across some planes with some questionable stuff going on (and no I didn't fly them).
ya but....you're not the true real.....Cap'n. :D

I wish I had an Arrow to check....

th
Check your wheels for termites

I'm still in disbelief but I came across the same thing yesterday on an Arrow that I've flown a handful of times. They're looking into it further.

I'm still in disbelief but I came across the same thing yesterday on an Arrow that I've flown a handful of times. They're looking into it further.

No Bueno. Let us know what they find. And why, if they figure that part out, too.

Same thing what?

New to flying - Do you think the FAA would get involved in this because they saw the video or would the pilot be required to notify the FAA?

I did the other day when I was out there. "Ops check good" as airline maintenance would write in the maintenance log. ;):)

I always got "CND"..... as in, unauthorized odor in cockpit.....CND return to service....

Saw this on facebook via David White and downloaded it. I'm interested to see what the FAA does about it.
Someone did a video a few weeks ago in response to that video explaining Piper wing spars, looks like he has the part that was worn loose from that wiggling wing video. At least we know that vid was authentic

Does look beefier than I was picturing from the other photos and diagrams I saw

Back