Check ride scheduled. Next Saturday

Keeping a hand on the throttle makes it harder for those spontaneous engine failures. The examiner has to ask for the throttle every time he wanted to pull it on me.

Keeping a hand on the throttle makes it harder for those spontaneous engine failures. The examiner has to ask for the throttle every time he wanted to pull it on me.

Is that written in a reg somewhere? That the examiner has to ask for the throttle to pull it? Because he definitely pulled it on me while I was holding onto it, if I remember correctly. I'm not one to let go of the throttle, especially during any sort of maneuver.

Is that written in a reg somewhere? That the examiner has to ask for the throttle to pull it? Because he definitely pulled it on me while I was holding onto it, if I remember correctly. I'm not one to let go of the throttle, especially during any sort of maneuver.
On an IR ride? I don't think a sim engine out is in the PTS for that one...

No, but with my hand covering the throttle the entire time, it sure made it difficult for him to do it, especially spontaneously.

When my instructor would pull the power on me I would go "Fuel....mixture.....throttle! That'll do it!"

He wasn't amused. I didn't dare do it on my PP ride.

When my instructor would pull the power on me I would go "Fuel....mixture.....throttle! That'll do it!"

He wasn't amused. I didn't dare do it on my PP ride.

:) Yeah, I tried to pull a fast one on my instructor ("Hmm...what could have gone wrong? Perhaps the throttle........... Oh yes, there we go!"), but he didn't much like it.

The weather looks nice for your check ride tomorrow,Meanee. Hope to read about good another successful check ride real soon!

16 knot wind gusting to 24. Straight down the runway, but still...

Yeah I did see that in terms of the afternoon and I guess that's when you are taking the test. But blue skies are always nice. Have a good flight if you go!

16 gusting to 24,

Normal for western Kansas. You need wind to fly. :D

Relax, you will do just fine.

Terry

I do not mind the wind at all, but for checkride, I'd rather have Calm.

Pink slip. Aced everything except turn around the point. 25kt wind with 30kt gusts. Otherwise extremely easy ride. More news at 11. DPE told me to come back and do one turn around the point, one engine out and I am done.

Pink slip. Aced everything except turn around the point. 25kt wind with 30kt gusts. Otherwise extremely easy ride. More news at 11. DPE told me to come back and do one turn around the point, one engine out and I am done.

Bummer. Sounds like the conditions were borderline impossible for a successful turn around a point. I remember practicing turns around a point in 25kts when I was getting ready for my check ride and my instructor actually said we should stop because it was a waste of time.

When are you scheduled to finish up the ride?

Back