Check-ride result!

Rudy

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Rudy
Hey everyone i am pleased and proud to say that i am now a Private Pilot. Had my check-ride this morning, at 9 it was pretty windy 12G19 40 degrees off the runway, but i somehow made the 2 best crosswind landings i ever have made. I appreciate all the advice everyone has given and i am very proud of my accomplishment.

Thanks again,

Rudy said:
Hey everyone i am pleased and proud to say that i am now a Private Pilot. Had my check-ride this morning, at 9 it was pretty windy 12G19 40 degrees off the runway, but i somehow made the 2 best crosswind landings i ever have made. I appreciate all the advice everyone has given and i am very proud of my accomplishment.

Thanks again,

YES! Congratulations! So, what's the plan now? :wine: ?

Congrats! Next flight: $100 hamburger with passenger of your choice to where YOU want to go with NO CFI signoff!

Congratulations!!!
:dance: :dance: :dance:
:cheers:

Rudy said:
Hey everyone i am pleased and proud to say that i am now a Private Pilot.

Thanks again,
Yeah Rudy!!!!!!!!!!! Tom said to tell you he's happy for you; he knew that you would do well.

Congratulations!!!!!!!!

Hey Rudy,

Way to go! You must have done a great job in some pretty windy conditions. Hope to meet you soon and do some flying.

Chip

Alright thanks a lot.

As far as IR goes my Grandpa/Instructor has already had me do a couple of approaches. I will probably take a couple months just to enjoy the private and then move on to that training. You can bet that the next nice day i will probably be flying all day, i have a lot of people whom i have promised rides!! hah but for now i am just gonna celebrate.

P.S. Grandma said the champagne is on ice!!!!!! haha

Nicely done.

You are gonna write up the whole story for us, right?

Rudy said:
Alright thanks a lot.

As far as IR goes my Grandpa/Instructor has already had me do a couple of approaches. I will probably take a couple months just to enjoy the private and then move on to that training. You can bet that the next nice day i will probably be flying all day, i have a lot of people whom i have promised rides!! hah but for now i am just gonna celebrate.

P.S. Grandma said the champagne is on ice!!!!!! haha

Absolutely fly and enjoy first. Then IR.

Cheers

Jim G

MSmith said:
Nicely done.

You are gonna write up the whole story for us, right?
Ok by request:
I had a class this morning at 8 and i called grandpa right after that. I called the AWOS and it said winds at 5 knots. I was excited thinking maybe the wind forecast wouldn't be right. We went over the oral exam all along i am looking outside at the wind sock seeing it pick up and pick up. Winds were 7g10 when we took off which wasnt a big problem. We started slow-flight and i was nearly flying backwards because of the winds up there. I did fine on all the maneuvers. It was the most challenging S-turns and Turns around a point i have ever done. haha. I listened to AWOS on my way back in to land and it was 12G19 by that time and variating btw 280 and 340. We have a 28 and a 34 runway at pittsburg but it seemed which ever one i picked the wind was the down the other haha. Did fine on my landings and we ended on an Emergency crosswind, He cut the power on me when i was downwind. Luckily i made it in and he didnt have to take over once. He told me i made the best 2 crosswind landings of my entire training. What a day to have that feeling, the one were you know your landings are gonna be good. We taxied in i got my license and we took probably a 1000 pictures haha. I will remember it forever.

Rudy~
Happy for you! Good job in less than perfect conditions. Now go out and enjoy your new privileges as Private Pilot...

Looking forward to hearing of your adventures (when you taking the g-friend for her first ride)? :)

That is great news. Congratulations Rudy!
Carol H

Best wishes and many safe flights. I remember my day like it was 10 minutes ago! Safety First!

Great job Rudy. Who gets a ride first? And where are you heading to?

WOOOHOOO!!! Way to go, Rudy!!

:dance:

The girlfriend is first, i am gonna take her anywhere she wants to go, maybe down around Grand Lake maybe just around here. I will definitely post how my first flight goes.

Rudy, I noticed you're from SE Kansas. Who was your pilot examiner (and how much did you have to bribe him?) ;-)

ej

ejborg said:
Rudy, I noticed you're from SE Kansas. Who was your pilot examiner (and how much did you have to bribe him?) ;-)

ej
My instructor is my Grandpa (Jim Belew) he is the instructor at Pittsburg. Didnt have to bribe him, he was pretty tough on me but i passed.

Now you get to set the plan. Where to go. When to go. When NOT to go (your CFI did that for you when you were a student). And, you get to take unsuspecting passengers with you. A significant level of responsibility has just been laid on your shoulders.

Ah, heck with the heavy stuff. Go and enjoy your new license to learn. Then think about what to do next.

Welcome, birdman!

Ghery said:
Now you get to set the plan. Where to go. When to go. When NOT to go (your CFI did that for you when you were a student). And, you get to take unsuspecting passengers with you. A significant level of responsibility has just been laid on your shoulders.

Ah, heck with the heavy stuff. Go and enjoy your new license to learn. Then think about what to do next.

Welcome, birdman!
Thanks a lot!!!!!!!

Excellent Rudy! Now in May, you'll have to fly into the farm over at 08MO so we can torment them by having TWO low wings on the property at the same time.:D

N2212R said:
Excellent Rudy! Now in May, you'll have to fly into the farm over at 08MO so we can torment them by having TWO low wings on the property at the same time.:D
Yeah that would be good, i would be glad to. I dont think it would be a problem to get in there.

Rudy said:
My instructor is my Grandpa (Jim Belew) he is the instructor at Pittsburg. Didnt have to bribe him, he was pretty tough on me but i passed.
I knew your grandfather when we were both pilot examiners in the Wichita district! (I later went to the FAA as an ops inspector.) Tell 'im hello for me, and congrats for keeping the flying bug in the family.

ej

ejborg said:
I knew your grandfather when we were both pilot examiners in the Wichita district! (I later went to the FAA as an ops inspector.) Tell 'im hello for me, and congrats for keeping the flying bug in the family.

ej
Will do Eric, yeah all it took was one time up for me to know thats what i wanted to do.

N2212R said:
Y'all come! Surely the corn won't be too tall by then; if it is, you low wingers won't be able to use the south taxi-way and will have to back-taxi on both grass runways. Call in on 122.9 and I'll have the sun tea ready.
:)

Diana said:
Y'all come! Surely the corn won't be too tall by then; if it is, you low wingers won't be able to use the south taxi-way and will have to back-taxi on both grass runways. Call in on 122.9 and I'll have the sun tea ready.
:)
I am planning on it Diana

Back