Check Ride Done !

muddy00

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
muddy00
Well after months of reading on this forum I figured I might as well post too, I was supposed to take the ride last week (PP) and the weather did not work so tried again for yesterday, weather didn't look good but figured we would try,luckily the weather held out, Oral part of the exam was a breeze, the flying part went ok but I know I can do better. Long story short I passed, what a relief to get past this stage, Thanks for all the others who had tips and horror stories they posted, made my preparation a lot easier.

BOOM! (It's OK to type boom, but don't ever make that sound with the plane. :wink2:) Congratulations! If you get a chance, post the details here. I know when I was training for my PPL I read as many checkride reports as I could get my hands on. You never know if something you write could help another student.

Who was (or will be) your first passenger?

Trick question :D Per the briefing I got, my first passenger was the examiner.

That can't be right can it?
You are still a student pilot until he signs you off and students cannot carry pax.

It's just a quip, Bryan. It's your first flight with a professional pilot who isn't PIC so they can spin it as "first passenger."

You are still a student pilot until he signs you off and students cannot carry pax.

And there is a specific exception in the regulations that make you PIC for your check ride even though you do not yet have a certificate.

I'm not looking it up right now but somebody will likely be along with it shortly.

John

§ 61.47 Status of an examiner who is authorized by the Administrator to conduct practical tests.
(b) The examiner is not the pilot in command of the aircraft during the practical test unless the examiner agrees to act in that capacity for the flight or for a portion of the flight by prior arrangement with:

Well done. I hope to be making a similar thread tomorrow.

Fan-friggin'-tastic! Congrats!!!

§ 61.47 Status of an examiner who is authorized by the Administrator to conduct practical tests.
(b) The examiner is not the pilot in command of the aircraft during the practical test unless the examiner agrees to act in that capacity for the flight or for a portion of the flight by prior arrangement with:

Thanks! Saved me looking it up later.

Congratulations, MISTER PILOT!!!!!!!!!!

Do you FEEL any different? Was the trip (flight) home any different? Did the airplane fly any different? Does your wife think more of you now? ;)

Congrats! Now find a place to go, just for fun, without practicing stalls and steep turns, and see if you remember how to do just a NORMAL, REGULAR landing that doesn't involve shorts or softs. :lol:

Congrats! Now find a place to go, just for fun, without practicing stalls and steep turns, and see if you remember how to do just a NORMAL, REGULAR landing that doesn't involve shorts or softs. :lol:

That's funny! I had the same problem after my checkride...what's a normal landing?

Actually it is correct, there is a special place in the rules for it, you are PIC until they have to say "My airplane".

Thats funny, flying back to my home field I actually thought to myself I'm just doing a regular landing. :rofl:

Feels even better being the CFI that trained him. :)

Back