Check my checklist

I made my own. And it was complimented on by a more than one instructor. When it came to inspecting the exterior of the airplane, I put "Inspect the exterior of the airplane". That got a lot of "finally" sort of 'exhausted' replies from interested parties. It took care of it. When you fly all the time, you hardly need it.

The Pros get paid to follow those checklists. You can, 'not read it', but only if you have it memorized and don't skip ANYTHING. If in doubt use it.

In the presence of OpsSpecs, homemade checklists may be forbidden. CAP does that (IMO, it's a mistake, as the manufacturer checklists have omissions and are extremely verbose, but that's not my decision).

CAP Rocky Mtn Region has had customized approved checklists for decades under approved orders from Regional HQ. Heck they're even on public websites for download to study them.

True home brew, not many would say boo if you had one, other than nitpickers, as long as yours contained all items on the approved ones.

Can you point me to such a checklist? Thanks!

Several out there, just do some research. I had a few on my computer (word format), if I can locate the files I'll post.

Here's one for an Airbus, notice how simple, and this is for a 70 ton 180 passenger FBW twin jet transport. (And only one sided!)

a320checklist_zpse0a385c6.png

Several out there, just do some research. I had a few on my computer (word format), if I can locate the files I'll post.

Here's one for an Airbus, notice how simple, and this is for a 70 ton 180 passenger FBW twin jet transport. (And only one sided!)]

Thanks RW. If you have one for a GA aircraft, that would be great too!

Here's one for an Airbus, notice how simple, and this is for a 70 ton 180 passenger FBW twin jet transport. (And only one sided!)
..and one with a crew that does how much recurrent training and has how intimate a required knowledge of its systems and procedures?

It's really hard to compare the checklists used by highly trained two pilot crews flying the same airplane daily between required training sessions with the guy hopping into a rental aircraft once a month who receives a training session once every two years.

(I actually like that checklist; it looks a lot like the ones I've used hopping into those rental aircraft. Maybe with the addition of a engine start section to account for the differences of the 30± different makes models I might fly)

Last edited:
Back