Cheapest tie down greater New York area?

stratobee

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
stratobee
Cheapest ramp fee greater New York area?

Hi. I'm flying in to New York next week for some work. I'll be there for 8 days and wondered where the cheapest tie down/overnight parking might be? Most of the airports I've managed to research online have had eye-watering prices, like over $100/night...:eek::yikes:

Linden is close to Manhattan, but at $550 for the period it's still pretty hefty. For that kind of money I could go further out and spend it on a cab/rental car instead. I have more time than money. Long Island also a possibility if there are any suggestions there. Airplane is an Aerostar, so I do need about 3500ft of rwy to be comfortable.

As a sidenote viewing on Flighaware - the Avgas prices in the NY area are also no joke. Haven't found a single place below $6.50/Gal, so not gonna fill up there.

Last edited:
Come down to kblm owner of the school will let u tie down by her pretty cheap a ways away let me know.

Re: Cheapest ramp fee greater New York area?

Hi. I'm flying in to New York next week for some work. I'll be there for 8 days and wondered where the cheapest tie down/overnight parking might be? Most of the airports I've managed to research online have had eye-watering prices, like over $100/night...:eek::yikes:

Linden is close to Manhattan, but at $550 for the period it's still pretty hefty. For that kind of money I could go further out and spend it on a cab/rental car instead. I have more time than money. Long Island also a possibility if there are any suggestions there. Airplane is an Aerostar, so I do need about 3500ft of rwy to be comfortable.

As a sidenote viewing on Flighaware - the Avgas prices in the NY area are also no joke. Haven't found a single place below $6.50/Gal, so not gonna fill up there.

KPOU Dutchess County Airport / 55nm north of NYC in the Hudson Valley. Towered field, XW runway and 5K with w bunch of approaches on the primary 6/24. Tell the FBO that you are a long term transient and they will cut you a great deal. Avgas is around $5.60/gallon right now.

Shoot me a PM and I will hook you up with the airport manager to get the best rate possible.

Re: Cheapest ramp fee greater New York area?

KPOU Dutchess County Airport / 55nm north of NYC in the Hudson Valley. Towered field, XW runway and 5K with w bunch of approaches on the primary 6/24. Tell the FBO that you are a long term transient and they will cut you a great deal. Avgas is around $5.60/gallon right now.

Shoot me a PM and I will hook you up with the airport manager to get the best rate possible.

Easy train into the city, then, I assume?

Thanks. Marc and Dutchess - who do I contact there?

+1 (732) 919-1927 eagles view aviation ask for Precilla tell her marcos sent you. It's over 7k runway there

After calling the FBO's individually, the prices dropped slightly and were not as bad as I was first led to believe. Fuel is still extortionate at all of them. As a reference for future NY bound pilots, maybe this is of interest. For a light twin, overnight parking/ramp fee for 8 days:

Republic KFRG/Sheltair: $235
Morristown KMMU/Ftc Fbo: $320
Teterboro KTEB/Meridian: $600
Essex County KCDW/Air Bound Aviation: $224
Linden KLDJ/Linden Airp Mngmt: $550

After calling the FBO's individually, the prices dropped slightly and were not as bad as I was first led to believe. Fuel is still extortionate at all of them. As a reference for future NY bound pilots, maybe this is of interest. For a light twin, overnight parking/ramp fee for 8 days:

Republic KFRG/Sheltair: $235
Morristown KMMU/Ftc Fbo: $320
Teterboro KTEB/Meridian: $600
Essex County KCDW/Air Bound Aviation: $224
Linden KLDJ/Linden Airp Mngmt: $550

There's also HPN. No idea if they're more/less than what you've quoted, but I don't see it on your list, so I figured I'd mention it. They have about a zillion FBOs there (ok, only 5 or 6). I've heard Panorama is the best.

Just checked with Panorama. It's $35/night. Not too bad, but still more than Republic and Essex County.

A quick FYI / Pirep:

KHPN / Panorama is my home base. Really good FBO and people there, and the location is a short hop to manhattan (Metro North from White Plains or N. White Plains) relative to some of the other fields. The airport itself is well equipped and fairly busy - lots of GA jet traffic as well as airlines - but the wait is never bad. Controllers are friendly.

KPOU is a great field (did / do alot of training there), never too busy and gas is cheaper, but the commute into the city is long -- Poughkeepsie is the end of the Hudson line of Metro North. Not a big deal if you are only making the commute once and staying in the city...big deal if you are doing it daily.

Call Dutchess County Airport 845-463-6000. If you get the office staff, tell them that Bruce told you to speak to John Mouris about an overnight special rate for you and fuel. Ask for John's running the show there.

Back