Cheaper Ways to Earn PPL

As far as an endorsement, I don't think any reasonable CFI is going to sign you off without first being certain you can do well. That means three to five hours of ground time with that CFI.

Actually the online test program I used required that you complete all the lessons, take 3 practice tests in a row with a 90% of higher, and they would provide you with an endorsement. Those numbers might have varied but they would do it without ever talking to you.

Actually the online test program I used required that you complete all the lessons, take 3 practice tests in a row with a 90% of higher, and they would provide you with an endorsement. Those numbers might have varied but they would do it without ever talking to you.

That is what the King School does for the IR course too. Send in the practice tests and get an endorsement back by FAX the same day. The practice tests were a good indicator of how I did on the real thing. The AmericanFlyer site says they do the same for PP and IR.

Last edited:
I now recall that being an option with the Cessna/King courses as Dwight mentioned. I'm still a proponent of personal ground time with a CFI for preparation of both the written and practical tests.

Back