cheap cargo pants

GeorgeC

Administrator
Management Council Member
Display Name

Display name:
GeorgeC
Old Navy 32x30 cargos fall off of me.
Old Navy 31x30 fit in the waist but are too tight in the legs and seat.

These fit nicely and are lightweight and well made:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EZ6TLL8

I call those "dad pants" hahaha

Seriously, eat a triple bacon cheese burger and some fries
640133_1.jpg

George,

This is said tongue-in-cheek. You insult us older guys who have developed a fat belly. I was always slim till I hit sixty, then the fat won the race. If my belt isn't cinched tight my trousers will be bypassing my hips and headed south in a heartbeat.o_O

I call those "dad pants" hahaha
Sorry, I had to step away for a pint of gelato. Yeah, that sounds about right, I pick my son up from school in cargo shorts and sandals with dress socks.

Sorry, I had to step away for a pint of gelato. Yeah, that sounds about right, I pick my son up from school in cargo shorts and sandals with dress socks.

Hahaha

Answer: Yes.

But us older guys have the "Costco Jeans and New Balance sneakers" club to keep us just as dorky. LOL
I have a pill for you if you are in that club. It will end all your dorkiness...and everything else...

I get Dickies cargo pants. They have many sizes and are 25$

I have a pill for you if you are in that club. It will end all your dorkiness...and everything else...

I'm not, but all the "dads" I grew up with seem to be joining it. I suspect the wife buys the pants when she goes to Costco to purchase mass quantities of foodstuffs to keep the offspring alive. I don't even have my Costco membership anymore, and didn't use it when I had it... I just wanted the perks on their old Amex card. Especially since Amex was dumb enough to think the self-serve airplane fuel pump at KAPA was a regular gas pump for cars, for a number of years. (Unfortunately they fixed that... but cash back... whoo... that was fun for a while...)

Don't want no elastic waistband in my pants! It's OK in underwear and swimsuits, but I draw the line there. Otherwise not fond of loose, baggy britches either--they're supposed to fit, not look like you cut the legs off of your daddy's pants.

https://www.amazon.com/CQ-TLP104-BL...6801&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=Crq+tactical+pants

I really like these tactical pants. They have elastic in the waist for a perfect fit. The price is pretty good too.

@Omalley1537 beat me to saying that you're supposed to spell that "Tacti-Cool"... ROFL...

Although I must admit, a really good shooting instructor's belt is a wonderful thing, even when not shooting... as long as you don't need the hideously strong reinforced ones.

You never know when someone might decide to use your belt as a helicopter hoist attach point... ROFL!

Answer: Yes.

But us older guys have the "Costco Jeans and New Balance sneakers" club to keep us just as dorky. LOL

I actually wear nothing but cargo pants or cargo shorts when I fly. My wife says it's just longing for my AF flight suit days.
Maybe.
All I own are New Balance sneakers.
The only thing that saves me from being a total clapped out dorking geezer is my feet are big enough that I can't wear sneakers when I fly the Cub.
I have to wear a pair of those metrosexual canvas shoes, otherwise I can't operate the rudder pedals.
I'm so ashamed! :frown:

Don't want no elastic waistband in my pants! It's OK in underwear and swimsuits, but I draw the line there. Otherwise not fond of loose, baggy britches either--they're supposed to fit, not look like you cut the legs off of your daddy's pants.
My usual requirements are all cotton, no elastic, no pleats, metal zipper, button (not hook and eye). Old Navy comes the closest, but they don't fit.

I'm confused. If I want to order one pair, do I order a Cargo Pant or a pair of Cargo Pants. When did "Pant" become the acceptable word for a pair of pants, of any kind? Pant is what a dog does. Another indication of the world going to hell in a handbasket.

Cheers

Back