Changing CFI after checkride failure

I come back to the one vor example, perfectly legal to fly ifr , ridiculous to do the STAR pictured above in a busy environment. A couple of other posters have piped up about refusing stars or sids, maybe they'll comment as to whether they are scared, incompetent or lazy. I suspect it's none of the above, that they had good reason. But that's just me.
I understand what you are saying. I just don’t agree with you. As you don’t agree with me. I bet it won’t matter much. The number of people that agree with you doesn’t matter either. Nor does it add credibility to your position to me.

I think we have both said enough about it at this point.

I regularly depart Bozeman, MT in the PC-12. They always assign me the BOBKT FOUR departure. I always decline and say I can’t due to the climb gradient. No problem, they just give me vectors to the west until I’m high enough to turn east. To be honest, I’ve never actually run the numbers, but I figure heading towards the rocks at max weight, IMC, picking up ice, is the wrong time to be doing math to see if I can still meet the requirements.

I regularly depart Bozeman, MT in the PC-12. They always assign me the BOBKT FOUR departure. I always decline and say I can’t due to the climb gradient. No problem, they just give me vectors to the west until I’m high enough to turn east. To be honest, I’ve never actually run the numbers, but I figure heading towards the rocks at max weight, IMC, picking up ice, is the wrong time to be doing math to see if I can still meet the requirements.
Probably vectors somewhere in the vicinity of the Bozeman departure, which is the published ODP and doesn’t require nonstandard climb gradients?

I come back to the one vor example, perfectly legal to fly ifr , ridiculous to do the STAR pictured above in a busy environment. A couple of other posters have piped up about refusing stars or sids, maybe they'll comment as to whether they are scared, incompetent or lazy. I suspect it's none of the above, that they had good reason. But that's just me.

Declining a STAR is not about whether you have the capability or skill to fly a particular clearance or not. The controller can still issue the same clearance even if it is identical to the STAR, it just won't be assigned by name.

Talk about tangents and deviations :) the good OP wanted an opinion and here we are entirely weed-e-fied on SIDS and Stars.

Poor OP. I hope he got the answer he was hoping for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Declining a STAR is not about whether you have the capability or skill to fly a particular clearance or not. The controller can still issue the same clearance even if it is identical to the STAR, it just won't be assigned by name.

Yup

Back