Changing a lightbulb

Unit74

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Unit74
If I change a bulb, do I have to make a logbook entry?

Yes. but you can do it as an owner-pilot.

This could be the start of a really interesting thread....

How many pilots does it take to change a lightbulb?

This could be the start of a really interesting thread....

How many pilots does it take to change a lightbulb?

That depends upon if it is a major or minor bulb.

If a lightbulb gets changed and the FAA doesn't hear it, does it make a sound?

What is the FAR number.....I want to look it up so I k ow what to put it the book.

But to qualify as preventative maintenance, the bulb must changed before it burns out, to prevent it from failing, right? :D

For that to work, you'd need to gauge how much dark the bulb has sucked up, and change it just before it's full. Does the bulb have an accurate quantity gauge for each dark tank? Have they been calibrated?

For that to work, you'd need to gauge how much dark the bulb has sucked up, and change it just before it's full. Does the bulb have an accurate quantity gauge for each dark tank? Have they been calibrated?

Our company has been toying with dark matter framework (DMF) calibration for about 15 years, I think we got all the kinks worked out of it.
Now, for when the FAA comes talk to us to measure the dark content of aviation lightbulbs, I do not know. :D

The dark quantity gauges are only required to be accurate when the bulb is empty...

No matter how many new bulbs they have the light never comes on for some.

Back