CFII Ride: Passed!

Ted

The pilot formerly known as Twin Engine Ted
Display Name

Display name:
iFlyNothing
Today I took my CFII add-on ride, now completing my CFI suite (at least until I get my glider and rotorcraft ratings). I took the ride with my local examiner, making the 4th checkride that I've taken with him.

The ride was rather straightforward - as would be expected from a CFII add-on. I taught a ground lesson on GPS approaches, briefed the flight as I would for a student, and we went flying. In the end, I walked away with a paper certificate.

Starting July 4th or 5th, I'll have my first instrument student. We'll be doing an accelerated instrument rating on a 12-day, scenario-based syllabus that Laurie and I developed. The intent is to find more students for that, as well as working on some other specialized syllabi - yes, including an engine course. :)

Way to go!!!

The intent is to find more students for that, as well as working on some other specialized syllabi - yes, including an engine course. :)

I hope to be in a few of those courses soonish!

Congrats Ted! Nice job!

Any plans on those Glider Ratings?

Just curious, is your syllabus viewable online anywhere?

Any plans on those Glider Ratings?

At some point I'll probably go visit Tony and fly with him to get them done - but nothing in the immediate future.

Just curious, is your syllabus viewable online anywhere?

No, we came up with them ourselves and intended to keep them proprietary. I'm still working on the DuPuis Aviation website.

Starting July 4th or 5th, I'll have my first instrument student. We'll be doing an accelerated instrument rating on a 12-day, scenario-based syllabus that Laurie and I developed. The intent is to find more students for that, as well as working on some other specialized syllabi - yes, including an engine course. :)

If you are still in PA, i'd be interested in doing the accelerated instrument rating if you are taking students?

I'm working on the theory now to pass the written.

Today I took my CFII add-on ride, now completing my CFI suite (at least until I get my glider and rotorcraft ratings). I took the ride with my local examiner, making the 4th checkride that I've taken with him.

The ride was rather straightforward - as would be expected from a CFII add-on. I taught a ground lesson on GPS approaches, briefed the flight as I would for a student, and we went flying. In the end, I walked away with a paper certificate.

Congratulations!

Will you be teaching how to run Lean of Peak? :rolleyes2:

If you are still in PA, i'd be interested in doing the accelerated instrument rating if you are taking students?

I'm working on the theory now to pass the written.

Yes, absolutely! I'll send you a PM with some more information and my phone number.

I'm based in PA but am willing to travel elsewhere.

Will you be teaching how to run Lean of Peak? :rolleyes2:

This one may shock some people: Yes, I will be teaching how to run Lean of Peak.

It's how I run the Aztec and 310, and have for my past 1000 hours of multi time.

The Navajo I run Rich of Peak because the owner told me he wants me to fly it that way. Since it's his airplane, I'll fly it the way he tells me to.

Congratulations! I hope the day will come when I can post such an accomplish on this site.

Doc

Excellent Ted. Your students will benefit tremendously learning from a CFII with REAL IFR/IMC experience.

Congratulations ! Sounds like you have a lot to get to go do now... not that you were bored before :)

Excellent Ted. Your students will benefit tremendously learning from a CFII with REAL IFR/IMC experience.
As long as they don't have dog or cat alergies, they'll do fine. I bet he is a good teacher. Flying with a plane full of animals gives him the patience of a stone.

Yes, absolutely! I'll send you a PM with some more information and my phone number.

I'm based in PA but am willing to travel elsewhere.

Ted Geoff is based at Wings. Do I need to tell Tamson to get the guest bedroom ready again;)

Ted Geoff is based at Wings. Do I need to tell Tamson to get the guest bedroom ready again;)

if Geoff is based at wings why would he need to use your guest bedroom? :)

The dogs will be safer during the transfers now ...:yesnod::yesnod::dunno::D

Jus kiddin....... calm down..:rofl:

Congrats to you sir.....

Ben

Not unexpected, but great news anyway. Congratulations -- you've really advanced quickly!

Congrats, Ted. Wish I were able to fly as much as you do. Glad to hear you are putting all the avgas to good use! :)

Back