CFII add on

dell30rb

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ren
So I need to add the II to my CFI. In process of studying for the FII written.

Obviously I need to be able to explain everything on approach plates, charts, and fly approaches from the right seat while talking through them.

I am trying to come up with a list of other things that I need to have committed to memory. Any tips? Thinking out loud, here is what I have so far. Any tips or comments appreciated.

• Alternate Minimums
  • Things that constitute runway environment
  • Fuel reserves
  • Equipment required for IFR flight
  • VOR checks
  • Lost Comm procedures
  • Standard minimums for various types of approaches?
  • Holding entries
  • Category of airplane speeds (A, B, C) on approach plates

Last edited:
So I need to add the II to my CFI. In process of studying for the FII written.

Obviously I need to be able to explain everything on approach plates, charts, and fly approaches from the right seat while talking through them.

I am trying to come up with a list of other things that I need to have committed to memory. Any tips? Thinking out loud, here is what I have so far. Any tips or comments appreciated.

• Alternate Minimums
  • Things that constitute runway environment
  • Fuel reserves
  • Equipment required for IFR flight
  • VOR checks
  • Lost Comm procedures
  • Standard minimums for various types of approaches?
  • Holding entries
  • Category of airplane speeds (A, B, C) on approach plates
Good luck! I think I am about to start studying to do the same. It's been about 18 years since I got the CFI/MEI so I'm sure it will take me a bit to get up to speed on it all again.

Don't use the phrase "runway environment". ;)

In practice, at DA if you can see the runway, land. If not, go missed. I don’t see a reason to make it more complicated but I suppose I should dig into whatever material is available on the topic.

In practice, at DA if you can see the runway, land. If not, go missed. I don’t see a reason to make it more complicated but I suppose I should dig into whatever material is available on the topic.
I think the whole continue descent to 100’ above touchdown zone is pretty important.

What about when a MDA is prescribed?

Back