CFI renewal question

josephades

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
ja
I understand you can renew by having a record showing an 80% pass rate as long as it was the first try.

I have 5 passes but one of those 5 - he failed his check ride with another instructor and then came to me to re sign him off

In this situation, is this considered "first try"?

Did he pass the first time after you signed him off?

I understand you can renew by having a record showing an 80% pass rate as long as it was the first try.

I have 5 passes but one of those 5 - he failed his check ride with another instructor and then came to me to re sign him off

In this situation, is this considered "first try"?

Checkride with another instructor is irrelevant...only checkrides with DEs or Ops Inspectors count.

Bob Gardner

Checkride with another instructor is irrelevant...only checkrides with DEs or Ops Inspectors count.

Bob Gardner
I think he meant he took on this student after he was signed off by another instructor and failed his ride. I don't think he was talking about a prog check.

Bob Gardner

Last time I checked flight instructors couldn't give check rides, only training.

I'll leave it to more experienced folks in this subject, but I can't imagine something that occurred with another CFI would have any effect on you.

Back