CFI recommendation in Las Vegas

mtaylor

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
mtaylor
Currently I am a student pilot in the Southwest corner of Utah. I have exhausted any chance of getting a check ride in Utah. I have called for months and left messages but still no check ride. Therefore I am looking to find a CFI in Las Vegas, do some training there and take my check ride. Does anyone know of a CFI with access to a Cirrus?

Don't be afraid to learn a new airplane for your checkride like I did. Yes it makes things a little trickier, but you'll have to get additional training with the new CFI anyways, so spending an extra couple hours to get experience in a new airplane with a CFI is valuable.

Finding a skilled and supportive CFI is more important than finding the same airplane you did your training in.

Great minds think a like. My training has been in a cessna 152 and 172. Thought that finding a CFI with access to a Cirrus would be a good diversion.

West Air Aviation at VGT can get you finished up. They have a good track record and access to local DPEs.

No Cirrus, is that a deal breaker?

The CFI I used at West Air has moved on to bigger and better things otherwise I’d recommend him. Still, I’m sure they have someone that would suit your needs.

Back