CFI question

I really like your legs, will you wear shorter shorts?

"uh, hi CfI, yur student here, I, uhh, landed in a field somewhere, not sure where I'm at...do you?"

Last edited:
Do I need to use the checklist?

Am I about ready to solo? I always have & still do hate that question.

A few decades back I had two students who bought a 172XP together. These guys were executives with the same company & were very competitive. Every time they started a flight lesson it began with "How's______doing?" referring to their partner. I'd just respond with "fine".

As solo time came around one partner was ready way before the other so I soloed him. The other partner took a few more hours. He sulked for a while but got over it.

After they got their PPL they traded their 172XP for a nice Debonair.

You'll solo when I determine you're good & ready...damn it!

Want to help me join the mile high club?

Who designed that airport a way, the Nazis?
The funny thing (only to me I’m sure) was that I was a passenger in a 172 when I ask the KDEN size question of the commercial rated pilot. He didn’t get it. He did get a number to call after we landed.

(Florida question)
Is that the Atlantic or the Gulf?

I have a friend who learned to fly in Oklahoma. He gat stationed in Florida as part of his FAA job. He claims that Florida trained pilots should have "Can not navigate" stamped on their certificates because if you climb a little you can always see at least one coast.

I have a friend who learned to fly in Oklahoma. He gat stationed in Florida as part of his FAA job. He claims that Florida trained pilots should have "Can not navigate" stamped on their certificates because if you climb a little you can always see at least one coast.

Not always, it does get hazy in the summer time, clouds, build-ups, etc. Now a clear winter day and at a higher enough altitude, yes.

We should also have to get an endorsement to land at airports above 100 foot MSL

Not always, it does get hazy in the summer time, clouds, build-ups, etc. Now a clear winter day and at a higher enough altitude, yes.
Indeed. 5 miles viz in summer is not uncommon. A couple of weeks ago I was doing a training flight and I took the hood off to head back to KORL. We were west of Apopka (X04) and we could clearly see the VAB on Cape Canaveral. That's around 45 miles viz. I pointed it out to the instructor and said "Or as they call it in the west IMC."

Indeed. 5 miles viz in summer is not uncommon. A couple of weeks ago I was doing a training flight and I took the hood off to head back to KORL. We were west of Apopka (X04) and we could clearly see the VAB on Cape Canaveral. That's around 45 miles viz. I pointed it out to the instructor and said "Or as they call it in the west IMC."
Now, now, IMC is less than 10 'cause that's when the ATIS starts noting visibility...anything that is just a little less than 50 is merely annoying

"Can you take over controls while I poop in the back?"

Did you plant a flag on top?

Hey, I didn't think of that! Would've been a great idea!! Next time.

Our whole party summited, but we lost 3 men on the descent when their wives dragged them into gift shops.

Hey, I didn't think of that! Would've been a great idea!! Next time.

Our whole party summited, but we lost 3 men on the descent when their wives dragged them into gift shops.

Call search and rescue...

Back