Cessna showed IT!

corjulo

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Corjulo
Just talked to Kent fresh from the Oshkosh Cessna press conference. Cessna not only rolled out their sport-plane concept but did a low-slow fly by of their Cirrus killer.

Kent is reporting from Oshkosh all week for the pilotcast.com so I'm certain he will be reporting here with all the juicy details.

Last edited:
gibbons said:
Beauty is, obviously, in the eye of the beholder. To me, that is one butt-ugly airplane.
Here's another view, before paint.

Attachments

• newcessna.jpg
    newcessna.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 88
Why is it that I think "Extra" when I see that thing? Bulge in the fuselage, and then the cantelevered wing?

I'll bet it isn't cheap when it hits the market. Looks like I'll still be flying old used airplanes for a long time to come. Especially as my wife's Grand Cherokee looks to be giving up after 9 years and 175,000 miles. I've forgotten what it's like to have car payments. :(

I'm confused is that the LSA or the "Cirrus Killer"? or is it the same thing?

AdamZ said:

Both no doubt.
The heavier and more expensive iterations would go through commercial certification.

NC Pilot said:
Here's another view, before paint.
Its the "before paint" part that is likely the reason they wouldn't let anybody get close look at it. It was also supposed to have a lot of instrumentation hanging off it.

AdamZ said:
Cirrus Killer. Cessna's new LSA was also debuted, but it is a totally different plane. I got to see it today and it is quite different (Photo by Jim Koepnick; posted on AirVenture's website):
cessna_lsajk.jpg

Jason

P.S. Here's a link to a picture of the new "Cirrus Killer" as you and others call it from AirVenture's photo gallery: http://airventure.org/2006/gallery/july24/cessa_lsa_flightCL.jpg Neat lookin' plane...about everything I was predicting, a Cardinal-like derivative (sp?).

Last edited:
They're gonna hear from my solicitors about stealing my copyrighted paint scheme.

Where do the floats go? Can it land on sand bars? Well I guess it can land anywhere once.:dunno:

gibbons said:
Beauty is, obviously, in the eye of the beholder. To me, that is one butt-ugly airplane.

Yea. What Chip said. :yes:

Hre are a few pics I got of the Cessna LSA. I was stuffing my face when the "Cirrus Killer did a flyby so no pic.

Attachments

• Cessna LSA1.JPG
    Cessna LSA1.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 27
  • Cessna LSA2.JPG
    Cessna LSA2.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 34
  • Cessna LSA3.JPG
    Cessna LSA3.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 22
Sorry ya'll , but it doesn't really remind me of a Cardinal. Yeah, I know about the struts and all but..............By the way, I kinda like it since I have a 172.:rolleyes:

More like a hi-wing with a cirrus fuselage to me. Is it just me or do the mains look like they came off a Rockwell Lark... I suppose the double doors are for the owners with the big fat wallets.

finsjb said:
Sorry ya'll , but it doesn't really remind me of a Cardinal. Yeah, I know about the struts and all but..............By the way, I kinda like it since I have a 172.:rolleyes:

wasnt the Lark just a rip off of the 150 anyway?

I like the style, especially the fastback tail, looks sleek.

tonycondon said:
wasnt the Lark just a rip off of the 150 anyway?

I like the style, especially the fastback tail, looks sleek.
This is the version they should really work on...:yes:

newcessna211rx2.jpg

What's Cessna calling the new cirrus killer?

deafsound said:
What's Cessna calling the new cirrus killer?

It is only being called the NGP (Next Generation Piston) right now. I have not heard of any designation for it all though there are rumors it will be something in the 200's

smigaldi said:
It is only being called the NGP (Next Generation Piston) right now. I have not heard of any designation for it all though there are rumors it will be something in the 200's
The reg on the LSA is N158CS ... maybe a clue it will be the Model 158 ...?

-- Pilawt

corjulo said:
Kent is reporting from Oshkosh all week for the pilotcast.com so I'm certain he will be reporting here with all the juicy details.

Uhhh... Yeah. Reporting here. Oops. :redface:

Actually, I'm just now attempting to catch up with Hangar Talk after OSH. I've been stuck in Cedar Springs, GA for the last 14 hours thanks to Georgia Pacific. :mad:

So, y'all will have to listen to (and watch!) the Pilotcast for all of the cool stuff we looked at. Our first video is up, an interview I did with Alan Klapmeier of Cirrus.

I didn't want to bash them too badly, but I asked the questions about all the things that would keep me away from Cirrus - No G1000 option, horrid insurance rates, etc. - and he answered them all quite frankly and without seeming like a salesman. I was also pleasantly surprised to find that he's a really nice, humble guy with a great sense of humor. We had some fun BSing before and after the interview.

Lots more to come - I also did an interview with Christian Dries of Diamond in front of the D-Jet (and right before he ran off to fly it), Walter Extra (Chip showed up just as I finished :)), plus some with Garmin, ARINC, Zuluworks, and many others.

Had a great time at the show, but I was pretty burned out at the end of the week. Sunday I was pretty much dead until they backed up the C-17 with reverse thrust. Nothing like some LOUD jet noise to get you going. :yes:

Back