Cessna Private Pilot... curriculum.

bluesideup

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
bluesideup
Any Instructors / Students using it and what is your opinion on how it is compared to others / Jep..?

Thank you.

I did my initial private pilot certificate at a Cessna pilot center and they used the Cessna flight training material. The course is done by John and Martha King and was tailored to the late model Cessna 172.

I thought it was a good course and created a good foundation for the additional certificates and ratings I've earned since then.

I did my private at a CPC as well, but that was back in 2005 so I’m not sure how much has changed since. It was a great experience and I think laid a good foundation for the aviation career I have now

Isn't that basically the King program?

I did Cessna/King for my private and got a 98 on the written so I decided to use the King class for my instrument rating and am planning to take the written within the next couple weeks. They are cheesy as can be and you'll feel like you're in a time warp as Martha ages 30 years over the course of 5 seconds, but the teaching style works great for me. I feel like I actually learn all of the concepts rather than just learning to pass a test. Highly recommend.

Agreed on cheesy. Agreed on effective.

I scored 90+ on private and instrument.

Back