Cessna POH / owners manual

Cost is whatever it is.

This is the only manual available for this airplane. There isn't any FAA signatures anywhere on it. There is no blocks for the FAA to sign. It comes blank just like that from the mothership even after telling them what serial number its for.

View attachment 66596

A new one for this airplane may very well have blank serial number and registration blocks. It will already have that FAA approval stamp, it approves the document. The same goes if we buy one for a Brazilian, Canadian, French, Japanese registered airplane that requires a different manual #.

upload_2018-8-23_13-14-1.png

Really the only single serial number specific documents this came with at delivery is an equipment list and W&B report and maybe a supplement or two depending on certain things. Order those separately.

Last edited:
I would think an A&P should be able to determine what the required documents are for an aircraft.

That's quite easy, " AROW " They are the required. when I get them we will fly.

Now for the W&B, and proper RTS entries.
Finding the P-Ponk Flight manual.
Getting the new registration
Getting the new AWC

We are working on it.

Without a supplement directing otherwise, extended baggage does not change gross weight or CG limits.

Extended baggage means fishing pole and sleeping bag, not moose quarters and car batteries.

The areas in the Cessna manual that say "baggage 1" and "baggage 2" have limits because of what the floor structure can withstand in all conceivable conditions, not because that loading will keep you inside CG limits. I expect the extended area installed via STC will also have some type of placard.

And Tom, the answer is the L in GLENPW "the operating limitations" section of the operator handbook (not to be confused with the homebuilt version by the same name). The weight and balance tables and graphs do not need to be present but that does not relieve the PIC from computing weight and balance.

And Tom, the answer is the L in GLENPW "the operating limitations" section of the operator handbook
OK confusion factor, We have a Owners Manual, No POH. That is what Cessna calls it.

And what the hell is "GLENPW". ?

We have a Owners Manual, No POH. That is what Cessna calls it.

I don't think you've said what model year the plane is yet. Per the TCDS different serial numbers require different documentation.

I'm guessing this plane might be old enough it doesn't require much or anything. But the flight manual supplements (if they exist) for things like your engine and extended baggage need to be in the plane even if it amends a nonexistent POH/Flight Manual.

I don't think you've said what model year the plane is yet.
Thought I did, but it's a 1973 182-P s/n 18262104
TCDS says
E. Applicable to Models 182P:

(1) In full view of the pilot:
(S/N 675, 18260826 through 18264295)
(a) "This airplane must be operated as a normal category airplane in compliance with the

operating limitations as stated in the form of placards, markings and manuals. Maximums

Maneuvering speed Gross weight Flight load factor

126 m.p.h. CAS (109 knots) 2950 lb.
Flaps up +3.8, -1.52
Flaps down +2.0

No acrobatic maneuvers, including spins, approved. Altitude loss in a stall recovery 160 ft. Known icing conditions to be avoided. This airplane is certified for the following flight operations as of date of original airworthiness certificate: DAY-NIGHT-VFR-IFR."
(as applicable)

Last edited:
It helps when you know what you are looking for, I found the P-Ponk flight supplement, looks like I got some tack markings to add.

OBTW it has a 3 blade prop as part of the upgrade. Brand new never been spun installed 2009.

What part of the standard OM is a flight manual?
Which part is mandatory, and which is not?

If the aircraft has upgraded equipment, such a P-Ponk mod, Does the POH/MO take precedence or does the STC.

If it has extended baggage STC what happens to the W&B portion of the OM?

Talk to Cessna

Cost is whatever it is.

This is the only manual available for this airplane. There isn't any FAA signatures anywhere on it. There is no blocks for the FAA to sign. It comes blank just like that from the mothership even after telling them what serial number its for.

View attachment 66596
Cessna serialized POHs (AFM) started in 1996.

Back