Cessna fuel transmitter

Make sure you get the right replacement. There are two systems--Rochester and Stewart-Warner--and they're not interchangeable. The SW became unavailable and was replaced by the Rochester, so some Cessnas can have an SW for one tank and a Rochester for the other; the gauges are changed to match the sender.

Make sure you get the right replacement. There are two systems--Rochester and Stewart-Warner--and they're not interchangeable. The SW became unavailable and was replaced by the Rochester, so some Cessnas can have an SW for one tank and a Rochester for the other; the gauges are changed to match the sende with

All true, in my case, I replaced a sender so they were both the same manufacturer then installed an aftermarket STC'd digital duel fuel gauge that works with those senders and eliminates the need for the OEM gauges.

Ugh. I've got a dead sender but haven't looked to see if its a loose wire. She's in for annual. McFarlane is $275 for a new one - called them last week to check stock. Have your serial number handy.

I found that Air Parts of Lock Haven will OH it for $166. The long range tanks take a different sender so their price is a bargain.

Make sure you get the right replacement. There are two systems--Rochester and Stewart-Warner--and they're not interchangeable. The SW became unavailable and was replaced by the Rochester, so some Cessnas can have an SW for one tank and a Rochester for the other; the gauges are changed to match the sender.

There are THREE systems... Stewart Warner replaced Leigh, then came Rochester as replacement parts... All three non-compatible with each other, though fuel senders.com can "marry" any gage to any sender...

Paul

Back