Cessna Citation crash-

Ugh... :(

On the other hand, the eyewitness talking about the “huge” plane passing overhead was interesting...:rolleyes:

Here we are at the scene of a small plane crash. Pardon me, sir, did you see what happened.??

Yeah I did. I was just taking my dog Myrtle for a walk when it happened. This huge plane came roaring over head down from here to over there. Then it went that way and swung back. I hollered, He's going down, he's going down, Ethyl..!! But it was too late. The huge plane hit the house, BOOM..!!! All the noise, I could hardly hear Ethyl hollering that Barnaby Jones was coming on the Tv. It was one of the good episodes, the one where Barnaby wears those orange and brown plaid pants. It was a horrible sight to behold, I tell ya what. I can't believe people actually wore clothes looking like that back then.

Thank you for that eye witness report, sir. Now back to the station...

Here we are at the scene of a small plane crash. Pardon me, sir, did you see what happened.??

Yeah I did. I was just taking my dog Myrtle for a walk when it happened. This huge plane came roaring over head down from here to over there. Then it went that way and swung back. I hollered, He's going down, he's going down, Ethyl..!! But it was too late. The huge plane hit the house, BOOM..!!! All the noise, I could hardly hear Ethyl hollering that Barnaby Jones was coming on the Tv. It was one of the good episodes, the one where Barnaby wears those orange and brown plaid pants. It was a horrible sight to behold, I tell ya what. I can't believe people actually wore clothes looking like that back then.

That’s exactly the accent I heard.

Another stolen plane/suicide? This can't be good.

From the sounds of things, it was his aircraft. Not a lot you can do to stop someone from flying their own airplane.

From the sounds of things, it was his aircraft. Not a lot you can do to stop someone from flying their own airplane.
Not the information I'm seeing...looks like it was owned by a construction company, that was owned by someone other than him...guy named Leon Van Sickle...construction company VanCon Inc.

Further report here:

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=46375241&nid=148&title=plane-crashes-into-house-in-payson-pilot-dies

How angry or crazy do you have to be to borrow a plane and crash it into your own house as a murder-suicide? Happens with guns, I know, but this is really going out in a blaze of glory.

And how f'ed up will that spouse and kid be going forward?

Borrowed? I wonder if that is truly the case. I wonder how that went down..."Hey Duane! Hey...you're looking kinda rough. You ok?" "Yeah, I'm fine...I ah...tripped. Hey, can I borrow your jet? Yeah? Cool!"

Reminds me of Sweet Brown

You must be of a certain age to get this...

Not the information I'm seeing...looks like it was owned by a construction company, that was owned by someone other than him...guy named Leon Van Sickle...construction company VanCon Inc.
Clever name. I'd be leary of dealing with any business that has "con" as part of its name.

...Oh yes, they called him The Strek (lookit that, lookit that), fastest thing on two feet...

Edit:

Luvflyin beat me by, like, a second!

...Oh yes, they called him The Strek (lookit that, lookit that), fastest thing on two feet...

Edit:

Luvflyin beat me by, like, a second!

LOL. You just had to listen to the whole thing before you copied and pasted I'll bet.

Reminds me of when the nut bag here in Austin flew his plane into the IRS building. Killed himself and one IRS employees, but I'm guessing it wasn't the big fireball explosion he expected. I imagine this guy pictured an explosion eliminating the house and the wife... something worthy of a car going off a cliff in an 80's sitcom.

Punchlines aside, this is sad. Two in a few days. Hope the old saying, 'things happen in threes' isn't true.

Looks like that car that was in the way took most of the energy impact before the house maybe.

LOL. You just had to listen to the whole thing before you copied and pasted I'll bet.

Nope. God's honest truth, I heard the song in my mind's ear the instant I read the (exquisitely crafted) post.

I’m amazed and how little physical damage was done to the house from the impact. Looks like most of the damage was from the fire.
Once again, a general aviation aircraft is shown to be a really lousy weapon.
"two people who were inside the home managed to escape without injury."

And this was a jet, too. Someone please explain to me again why we need a TFR around Disney and a bigger one around Wash. DC?

And this was a jet, too. Someone please explain to me again why we need a TFR around Disney and a bigger one around Wash. DC?

For the same reason we have to ask the college dropouts at the CBP for permission to re-enter our own Country under punitive threats of financial highway robbery or damage to one's aircraft, with flight plan in full broadcast for all to see mind you: KABUKI theater.

Back