Cessna bruises?

Has no one else done the "Piper trap-door fall" on the flaps? That's what happens when you step onto the trailing edge of the wing with one notch of flaps still deployed. You wind up on your butt in a flash.

I make it a point not to walk on any control surfaces while getting in any low wing airplane.... :D

I can personally assure you that the "Cessna Diamond" is NOT "just a joke"...:redface:

You do have to be a person of significant height though.

5' 11"... just high enough that if I remember to duck I'm okay...

Done the trapdoor flap thing, sickening feeing as you start to tumble
And drilled myself
And gotten stuck in tails
Dad gouged he scalp on the wing

Ug

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Cessna Butt. It does not leave a permanent scar but a after a long cross country you fell like it should.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Cessna Butt. It does not leave a permanent scar but a after a long cross country you fell like it should.

Yes I went on a flight recently and wondered about this. Those seats are not comfy in a 152.

Yes I went on a flight recently and wondered about this. Those seats are not comfy in a 152.

I've never spent any time in a Cessna seat that was comfortable in any model.

You guys need to fly commercial more often. After a few of those flights in coach, you'll appreciate the roominess and comfort of even an original C-152 seat, never mind the freedom from the TSA.:yesnod:

I wonder what pilot has the most pilot-ey scars all over him or her. Could be cute, or - the planes could be trying to tell them to perhaps stop flying.

No lasting scars, but there was a small scratch on a finger on the left hand; and a similar surface abrasion on my nose from the bridge of my eyeglasses, both evident when I walked away from this unfortunate event in 2004. The plane is still flying and so am I. The "Cessna Diamond," I've found, will more likely occur if a 5'6" 172 pilot finds himself circulating amongst a gathering of the 150 variety. How soon one forgets about height.

HR

Attachments

• N7872G on March 14.jpg
    N7872G on March 14.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 16
What I wanna know is how you use the strut step to get IN the plane?

I've walked into a stopped prop while pre-flighting a few times. Many bruises to the shin after tripping over the wheel pants too! I've lucked out and never received a diamond to the forehead but the fact that i can walk straight under the wing might have something to do with it. :D

Oh, and if we're adding other airplanes....this never fails....EVERY time I crawl in the cockpit of the King Air, my head ALWAYS finds the compass!! I don't know why I dont have a permanent bruise from that...and I'M the short one!

Last edited:
Back