Cessna 206 (Stationaire) How Does The Copilot get in?

Of the two cargo doors on a U206G, it's the forward one that will only open part-way with the flaps down. The opening is just enough to allow the red handle on the rear door to be used to unlatch it for emergency egress.

That would be correct. After the red handle is down and the rear part of the door is open, close the front part and the back half door will swing open. Of course after doing all that everyone else has departed out the pilot door....:lol: That was part of my passenger safety briefing.

• A flap interrupt switch, on the upper sill of the forward
cargo door opening, will stop flap operation regardless of
flap position any time the forward cargo door is
unlatched...

I wonder what would happen if on short final with the flaps all the way down, the forward cargo door popped open at the same moment that you need to initiate a go-around.

So, where does a Pilatus PC-6 fit on the manliness scale?

Geez that tail seems to be hanging low
It looks absolutely ridiculous. I often see this on the ramp with Cessna's.. that gear seems very bouncy and over zealous people crank down on the tail tie down and the plane looks like it's ready to lift off in situ

Not sure what's happening in this picture though..

It looks absolutely ridiculous. I often see this on the ramp with Cessna's.. that gear seems very bouncy and over zealous people crank down on the tail tie down and the plane looks like it's ready to lift off in situ

207 is like hold my beer and watch this

2569018033_db506ec542_b.jpg

ext3.jpg

Overpressured oleo strut.

When we traveled for sports back in high school. We would load up in the 207s and tail would drop, pilot would hop in. The plane wouldn’t drop on its nose wheel until the pilot fired up the engine. Pretty impressive plane tho. Lots in operation in bush Alaska as air taxis.

When we traveled for sports back in high school. We would load up in the 207s and tail would drop, pilot would hop in. The plane wouldn’t drop on its nose wheel until the pilot fired up the engine. Pretty impressive plane tho. Lots in operation in bush Alaska as air taxis.

I know someone that took out all the seats of a 207, commonly called sleds, pilot and copilot seat as well, then loaded the plane with as many 2X4s as would fit, then sat on the pile of lumber and flew it. Seatbelt on, of course..... wouldn't want to break any FARs....

207 is like hold my beer and watch this

2569018033_db506ec542_b.jpg

I have to check my log book, but I am fairly sure I flew this plane out of Bethel back when I was with Yute Air. That company still owes me 3000 bucks that I'll never be able to collect...

Notice the trim tab on the elevator....

Where is it?

Donutland was in Cedar Falls, Iowa. All the police cars are from Waterloo, which is conjoined with Cedar Falls. The store closed about 15 years ago, the building still stands and I believe it is being used as a used car lot.

That would be correct. After the red handle is down and the rear part of the door is open, close the front part and the back half door will swing open. Of course after doing all that everyone else has departed out the pilot door....:lol: That was part of my passenger safety briefing.
In Canada the T206H can't be operated as a floatplane unless the middle right seat is removed. Five occupants max. Otherwise, in the event of an upset on the water, the rear folks can't get out before they drown. Drowning in such accidents is very common even if egress is easy enough. Being upside-down under water is panic-inducing and disorientating.

There's an outfit in BC that offers underwater emergency egress training.

In Canada the T206H can't be operated as a floatplane unless the middle right seat is removed. Five occupants max.

I was not aware of that, but yes, I can see how that would make getting out of an upside down plane less stressful.

I did the upside down slam dunk training in Anchorage years ago. I got out Ok and followed the bubbles, but there was a couple of folks that panicked and needed help. A real eye opening experience.

The 207 W&B method: When you push the tail down to the ground using one finger, if it eventually drops back down so nosewheel touches, it's good to go.

With the big double doors on the rear right side, it would be difficult structurally to have a standard front passenger door on the U206/Stationair. The Wipline STC passenger door is much smaller than a normal Cessna door.

From 1965 through 1970 Cessna offered an alternative, the model P206 "Super Skylane" ('P' for 'passenger' in this instance). It combined the engine, wings and tail of the U206, with the cabin of the older Model 205. That version had normal Cessna full-size pilot and passenger doors, with a smaller cargo door at the left rear.

View attachment 69285
Are you a walking Cessna encyclopedia or something?

Back