Cessna 175 Opinions

Discussion in 'Hangar Talk' started by OkieFlyer, Jul 5, 2011.

1. rick owens

rick owens Filing Flight Plan

Display Name:

Display name:
    rick
    Okieflyer, im in foster and looking to buy a 175. Really want to palaver w/u. Could you let jan or brenda know at the library to call Reta w/ur contact info?

2. Dan Thomas

Dan Thomas Final Approach

Display Name:

Display name:
    Dan Thomas
  3. dell30rb

dell30rb Final Approach

Display Name:

Display name:
    Ren
    Make sure the front does not fall off.

4. Morgan3820

Morgan3820 En-Route

Display Name:

Display name:
    Reno
    I have a hangar mate with a C-175 Sporting a 0-470. Performance is amazing. He is looking to sell. C 182 performance at half the cost.

5. Mtns2Skies

Mtns2Skies En-Route

Display Name:

Display name:
    Mtns2Skies
    Cessna 175s with the tailwheel conversion look a whole lot like 180s. Probably not a bad way to go considering the price differential between the two.

[​IMG]

6. Morgan3820

Morgan3820 En-Route

Display Name:

Display name:
    Reno
    I saw a picture where the owner painted a third rear 'window'. Looked for all of the world like C 180.

7. Pilawt

Pilawt Final Approach

Display Name:

Display name:
    Pilawt
    Cessna 175, tailwheel conversion, wing leading edge mod, not sure what kind of engine (Lycoming? Franklin?). The third windows are real, not painted. I did a double-take when I first saw it. The shape of the rudder, lack of adjustable stabilizer, and right-angle "step" between the cowl and fuselage are giveaways that it's not a C-180; then more subtle differences in fuselage shape, tailwheel, etc., become apparent.

Img_0566e.jpeg

Mtns2Skies likes this.
  8. OkieFlyer

OkieFlyer En-Route

Display Name:

Display name:
    Andrew L.

Rick, do you mean "partner" with me??? If so, I already bought a plane of my own a few years ago. This thread is really old. I see that you are new here, so welcome to the forum. There is a date posted at the bottom of each post, just FYI.

However, good luck on the potential plane purchase, and feel free to private message me if I can help you in some way. To private message, you can just click on my name or picture and choose "start a conversation."

9. OkieFlyer

OkieFlyer En-Route

Display Name:

Display name:
    Andrew L.
    That looks just like the plane that belonged to a guy right here in Lindsay, OK who I nearly partnered with a few years ago. He had a 175 tail dragger at the time, but this very thing happened to his previous plane. That picture kind of looks like Lindsay also. His name is Kris Hoopes, who also happened to live in the same town as the guy that dredged up this 5 year old thread. @rick owens do you know Kris Hoopes?

10. Matt Gwost

Matt Gwost Filing Flight Plan

Display Name:

Display name:
    mgwost
    Nice plane. i have the 175A with IO 360 & stol kit and love it. I'm interested in learning more about your larger wheel upgrade.

11. Tom-D

Tom-D Taxi to Parking

Display Name:

Display name:
    Tom-D
    Wasn't the A&P that did the conversion, It was done a long time ago. I no longer have any info on it.