Cessna 150 Flying

jesse

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Jesse
Jason and I flew the local Cessna 150 some yesterday. I need to start flying in preparation for Gastons so that I don't make a fool out of myself on camera :)

This is me landing into a 30 knot headwind. Base to final turn was a bit lazy. sigh.

Landing into a 30-kt headwind in a 150? Did Jason have to get out and push? :)

Nice landing!

Better than a couple of my approaches last night in the 210. Suffice it to say that it was obvious that I hadn't flown on instruments since November or at all since March!:hairraise:

Maybe Ed wants to reconsider flying to Wings with us! :)

LOL!! Shows why the 150 is such a great time-builder... :D

You probably could've chopped it and turned to base abeam the numbers and still made a normal landing under those conditions! :D

I've never encountered wind quite like that in a 150, but I've seen others bring them in with almost full power when it's really blowing. You kinda have to... without power it'll sink like a rock, unlike the 172.

You almost could have made the first turn off- by the stripes. Hovering C-150s over a city in a wind is fun- kinda like sitting in the Almighty's easy chair.

Great to hear the 150 is back up! I'm sure your landings will be great at Gastons.

Looks like fun! I miss the 152 that I did my PP-ASEL training in. It wasn't the most comfortable plane for ME to fly, but it was fun once I got squeezed into. :)

Look like about 400 feet for the landing!

how much did you have to lower the collective to land?

The landing was extended quite a bit. I added a touch of power after the mains touched so that I could wheelie down the runway for awhile.

Jesse:

You look bad-ass in that video. Iceman.

What was that? A three-mile final? I saw a Citation II turn a shorter final. :)

Nice stall into touching down. Sweet!

I'm not sure if he could have done it without my moral support. :rolleyes:

Who am I kidding? He takes me along on the off chance that I might learn something through osmosis.

Watching that video I was wondering if you were ever going to get to that threshold. Looked like you were darned near parked in the air. :)

I heard that! Seemed like you could have kept the wheelie going for a while!
That was 17 seconds worth. It could be done for the whole runway if the wind didn't gust too much. It's just as easy with no headwind--the problem is you need to maintain a higher ground speed which isn't as fun.

Back