Cessna 150 airbox seal

brien23

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Brien
th

Need a part number for a Cessna 150D model air box seal only not the airbox, the plastic part with the seal . I believe they are about $500. any new cheaper ones.

You could check with the AirBoxDoc, Joe Rogg. He usually works on 172 boxes but might have some ideas that would be cheaper than that part from Cessna. When he is done with a repair, it is usually better than new.

Expensive. Dynamic Propeller makes an aftermarket seal assembly for the 172, but of course it won't fit the 150. You might contact them to see if they know of any other aftermarket seals for the 150. http://www.dynamicpropeller.com/cessna-172--182-airbox-products.html

Dynamic's seal, for those with 172s, is made of fiberglass instead of plastic. 172s from around 1969 on required that seal; it closes off the cowling hole at the air inlet to preserve the pressure differential between the top and underside of the engine for better cooling. Earlier models don't require it as per the parts manual, but they would likely benefit. It's a legal hassle, though. Dumb.

th

Need a part number for a Cessna 150D model air box seal only not the airbox, the plastic part with the seal . I believe they are about $500. any new cheaper ones.
Bring it over we'll make a new one. ( Oh Iforgot, We will repair the one you have).

Have you called Don at Discount Aircraft salvage?

Expensive. Dynamic Propeller makes an aftermarket seal assembly for the 172, but of course it won't fit the 150. You might contact them to see if they know of any other aftermarket seals for the 150. http://www.dynamicpropeller.com/cessna-172--182-airbox-products.html

Dynamic's seal, for those with 172s, is made of fiberglass instead of plastic. 172s from around 1969 on required that seal; it closes off the cowling hole at the air inlet to preserve the pressure differential between the top and underside of the engine for better cooling. Earlier models don't require it as per the parts manual, but they would likely benefit. It's a legal hassle, though. Dumb.

That might be why I can't find it in the parts manual the D model might not have had one. It does look a little strange just the air cleaner with no seal around the front of it.

Back