Certificate Arrived

Seanaldinho

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Yerp
I just got my new certificate from when I added on SEL and noticed that now the little logo in the top right is blue, on my old one (glider) it is black. Anyone know if this means anything? Have I been randomly selected? Did I win a new car?

I remember reading that a CFI can get a gold logo so was curious if this is of any meaning.

Last edited:
Have an atp and the symbol on my cert is blue,have no idea if it's significant.

I just got my new certificate from when I added on SEL and noticed that now the little logo in the top right is blue, on my old one (glider) it is black. Anyone know if this means anything? Have I been randomly selected? Did I win a new car?

I remember reading that a CFI can get a gold logo so was curious if this is of any meaning.

It means you're now under the eye of the DEA.

You do know that if you press your thumb (apply heat) to the symbol it will change colors, right ??

You do know that blue means that you have access to fly blue airplanes now too right ?

Probably because you are the first person to have given it any consideration...;)

Well probably. I remembered reading about the gold seal, then was looking at the old one and the new one and noticed the difference.

A google search said it had something to do with showing instrument proficiency. Which since I demonstrated sim instrument on the SEL check ride and not on the glider check ride would seem the most logical answer to me.

The more you know.

Well probably. I remembered reading about the gold seal, then was looking at the old one and the new one and noticed the difference.

A google search said it had something to do with showing instrument proficiency. Which since I demonstrated sim instrument on the SEL check ride and not on the glider check ride would seem the most logical answer to me.

The more you know.

The feds aren't that subtle, when you show instrument proficiency they print it on the back of the cert in English

It means your ready to go out and fly! :) haha, i think blue is just a normal color for a Pilot certificate, and congrats!!

Last edited:
Old school, but I'll have to look at my club members glider only certs to verify.

Old school, a black logo, you did not have night qualification and were limited to day VFR only. You could get a PP SEL with no night qualification.

Completing the Airplane SEL earned you a color logo.

I did not realize they kept up that practice with the plastic certs.

Yes my pilot cert is color blue logo, my instructor cert is black.

Back