Centurion Power pack overhaul

Briar Rabbit

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Rob
A friend has a power pack from a 210L (1972) that has been quoted $10,000 to have it overhauled. He was also told there are only 4 companies in the US and Canada that will overhaul this unit. His quote sounds pretty high to me but I have a K model which does not have the electric pump, instead a K model has an engine driven pump. Does the 24 volt electric pump significantly increase the overhaul price?

Any suggestions for a more economical source to overhaul the L model power pack?

I have heard a number of horror stories lately on Cessna retract component pricing, and seem to recall the power pack wasn't pretty... but can't tell you really for sure what they're going for. Nobody I know who owns a Cessna retract who's had a major repair has been "happy" lately, though.

I am by no means an expert, so if someone can provide more insight, please do. From what I understand, the word you use can make a huge difference in price:

Replace
Overhaul
Repair
IRAN (Inspect and Repair as Needed)

Are you sure your friend is using the right word to get what he needs?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sounds like that's padded with 60 hours of labor, seems like it should be way less than that.

A friend has a power pack from a 210L (1972) that has been quoted $10,000 to have it overhauled. He was also told there are only 4 companies in the US and Canada that will overhaul this unit. His quote sounds pretty high to me but I have a K model which does not have the electric pump, instead a K model has an engine driven pump. Does the 24 volt electric pump significantly increase the overhaul price?

Any suggestions for a more economical source to overhaul the L model power pack?

He's right that there are only a few shops that will overhaul them.

Might try these guys. Our Swift power pack is at their shop now... while they are taking forever and a day to work on it, its a custom job so that can be somewhat justified. I believe they may have an exchange process for the 210 power packs.

https://coxairparts.com/products/power-packs/

210 capes aren't worth that kind of premium on subsystem components, imo.

I'm not sure if my shop had a specific vendor in mind, but I seem to remember receiving a verbal estimate of about $4,000 to overhaul my T210N power pack a few months ago. I was encouraged not to mess with it if it was working, so I didn't go through with it... I'm not sure if that's the same part as the 210L.

Back