Census - Need advice from POA

Race? I wrote "Human". Same as last time. I will not play their games. The census is called out in the Constitution so the states may receive the appropriate number of representatives. Nothing more.
No....actually...I invite you to review what our Constitution actually empowers/dictates Congress to do relative to the Census.

The race question offends me because I was taught to treat people based on the quality of their character, not the color of their skin. As long as we track “race” we are still racist. I find that offensive.

please explain what changes have occurred in the Census that politicize it.

I think most telling is what is NOT on there. The recent dust-up about trying to figure out who's undocumented on this country is a good example of that. It's a legit piece of data that could be very useful but because each side thinks it will be used for "evil" it's not on there. So, in the meantime we have no real data on who is here without going through legit means. That data could be very helpful in figuring out how to apply resources where for (1) removing them (2) making them legit (3) beefing up medical or public transport for less served people (4) understanding what tax income they state/feds are not getting because of cash income and what our REAL poverty level is (4) Fixing so many things that are wrong with our immigration system.

Think also about a question of how many homes have broadband? That could really affect legislation on how to reduce the access monopolies that are widely enjoyed to the detriment of consumers.

As a once every 10 year choice it's a great opportunity to figure out the state of the country but the vast majority get the short form because of vested interests in both sides to being able to speculate on the answers to allow them to (perhaps) push an agenda.

Constitution: Article 1, Section 2. By all means, don't fill out the census. That way others get the representatives. Also, funding for roads, schools, etc. won't go your way.

Constitution establishes census for House of Rep count. Not tracking religion, wealth, race, or frankly anything else. Oh gee, we won’t get as prominent a position at the federal pork barrel? I’d rather live free and not have the handouts, thank you. Frankly, if the census resulted in about 60% fewer congressmen, the world just might become a better place.

Constitution establishes census for House of Rep count. Not tracking religion, wealth, race, or frankly anything else. Oh gee, we won’t get as prominent a position at the federal pork barrel? I’d rather live free and not have the handouts, thank you. Frankly, if the census resulted in about 60% fewer congressmen, the world just might become a better place.
My friend, I'm with you, except that I pay sooooo much in taxes and really would like to get something for them.

The race question offends me because I was taught to treat people based on the quality of their character, not the color of their skin. As long as we track “race” we are still racist. I find that offensive.

I was taught so as well but I don't understand where you are coming from. Do I take it that you consider any form of racial acknowledgement to be racist?

What gives with # 9 choice ?

A hundred years or so from now when future generations go back to look at the census to see how America has evolved and changed, I’m sure the cute responses from these jokesters will be very helpful to researchers.

I’m also certain sure your descendants who conduct genealogy research on you will be quite amused to learn their great great grandfather was a pastafarian. Or they’ll think you’re just a douche, much like the census workers at the time who had the misfortune of knocking on your door to solicit your response.

A hundred years or so from now when future generations go back to look at the census to see how America has evolved and changed, I’m sure the cute responses from these jokesters will be very helpful to researchers.

I’m also certain sure your descendants who conduct genealogy research on you will be quite amused to learn their great great grandfather was a pastafarian. Or they’ll think you’re just a douche, much like the census workers at the time who had the misfortune of knocking on your door to solicit your response.

url

Here is the census authorization from Article 1 section 2:

Representatives and direct Taxes shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included within this Union, according to their respective Numbers, which shall be determined by adding to the whole Number of free Persons, including those bound to Service for a Term of Years, and excluding Indians not taxed, three fifths of all other Persons. The actual Enumeration shall be made within three Years after the first Meeting of the Congress of the United States, and within every subsequent Term of ten Years, in such Manner as they shall by Law direct. The Number of Representatives shall not exceed one for every thirty Thousand, but each State shall have at Least one Representative; and until such enumeration shall be made, the State of New Hampshire shall be entitled to chuse three, Massachusetts eight, Rhode-Island and Providence Plantations one, Connecticut five, New-York six, New Jersey four, Pennsylvania eight, Delaware one, Maryland six, Virginia ten, North Carolina five, South Carolina five, and Georgia three.

Please show me where the USG is authorized to collect data for research by future generations.

Or how this authorizes any of the other silly questions.

Please show me where the USG is authorized to collect data for research by future generations.

Or how this authorizes any of the other silly questions.
"... in such Manner as they shall by Law direct"

Back