Cell phone on headset.

5QK

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
5QK
I tried using my galaxy s5 with my lights peed headset, but I can only hear. The mic function doesn't work. Tried an old snail flip phone, and it works both ways.
Any ideas how to make mic work on android?

Older Lightspeeds needed the headset to be plugged into the aircraft to power the mic via the mic bias circuit from the audio panel.

You couldn’t use your lightspeed to talk through a Bluetooth connected cell phone unless the headset was plugged in and the audio panel was powered up.

I believe lightspeed has changed the power circuit in newer models to rob mic power from the batteries if the headset isn’t receiving mic bias voltage now.

You may want to contact them and see if they have an upgrade for your headset if you need to regularly make phone calls from your Aviation headset with aircraft power off.

If the OP could share what model of lights peed headset he was using.

Nope, haven't figured anything out yet. It works on a older non smart phone, but won't on smart phones.
Headset is a twenty 3g

The cable is no good for your phone. The older lightspeed came with a couple of different cables for headphone-to-cell connection but there's no guarantee they work with all phones (no standard on the phone side).

The cable is no good for your phone. The older lightspeed came with a couple of different cables for headphone-to-cell connection but there's no guarantee they work with all phones (no standard on the phone side).
Yep. That was one of a number of issues with my old Telex 50s and the reason I switched to a Bluetooth Lightspeed.

Back