Cell phone back up.

Tom-D

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
Tom-D
How would you back up all the data that is on your phone?

Tonight I had a scare, thought I had lost my cell phone. I didn't have a clue as to how to retrofit the numbers I have picked up by simply adding the caller's contact info.

Is there a way? My phone is a Galaxy G3 with the 5 update.

How would you back up all the data that is on your phone?

Tonight I had a scare, thought I had lost my cell phone. I didn't have a clue as to how to retrofit the numbers I have picked up by simply adding the caller's contact info.

Is there a way? My phone is a Galaxy G3 with the 5 update.
I use a security app called LOOKOUT. Plus, being an Android, a lot of the stuff is synced to Google.
There isn't any reason you could not attach the phone to your PC and just copy the stuff to it. I have several such directories on my own server.
Now a Galaxy S5, but I have had other crimes and blackberrys.

Verizon does it automatically on mine. New phone, no problem, just download all my contacts from "the cloud."

Just be careful with the cloud stuff. It can be a little moist.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

To my knowledge, every phone platform has built-in backup functionality. BlackBerry phones also have the the additional abilities to remotely ring, lock, locate and map, wipe, or display a reward notice on a lost phone.

As for where to back up the data, I prefer locally to my own computer, which in turn includes that backup in all the backups of my local computer. That's not the only option. It's just the one that I happen to like.

Rich

Tom

For contacts on your phone there is an orange "contacts" icon:
w5KJT.png

Click on that icon, then click bottom left phone button, then click import/export, then choose where to export such as to USB storage or to SD card.

For USB storage I have bought one of these handy devices:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00L6M1H1C?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00

It allows you to easily transfer data from your phone to USB flash drive and from the USB flash drive to your computer.

Once you get the USB flash drive you might also want to backup your apps with the app apk extractor:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ext.ui&hl=en

Last edited:
Got it done, thanks a lot.

Back