Celebrity Endorsements

The one I can't understand is Krispy Kreme. The only time I've been in a Krispy Kreme store is about 10 years ago when the passengers specifically requested donuts from there.

I'm surprised Starbucks didn't make the cut. I know far more people who will seek them out.

The one I can't understand is Krispy Kreme. The only time I've been in a Krispy Kreme store is about 10 years ago when the passengers specifically requested donuts from there.

I'm surprised Starbucks didn't make the cut. I know far more people who will seek them out.

I don't get the Krispy Kreme attraction either. But one Southern donut chain that is outstanding is Shipley's.

Do people really get food at Starbucks?

I don't get the Krispy Kreme attraction either. But one Southern donut chain that is outstanding is Shipley's.

I've gotten breakfast sandwiches at Starbucks. But most of the people I know who seek it out do so for the coffee. I can remember on various occasions driving around strange towns looking for a Starbucks for a flying buddy.

By contrast, I've never been with someone looking for a Chick-fil-A.

Looks like people here are pretty split on that. People don't all have the same taste in food. For example, I'm not particularly fond of cole slaw...

There are certainly more people here who don't like CFA than I've ever seen in one place. But I think perspective matters. I don't think I'm going to agree on much in the food department with someone whose top three fast food choices are Panera, Jason's Deli, and Chipotle. Likewise, I wouldn't be swayed by someone who didn't like Tex Mex but said Taco Bell is better than El Fenix.

There are certainly more people here who don't like CFA than I've ever seen in one place. But I think perspective matters. I don't think I'm going to agree on much in the food department with someone whose top three fast food choices are Panera, Jason's Deli, and Chipotle. Likewise, I wouldn't be swayed by someone who didn't like Tex Mex but said Taco Bell is better than El Fenix.

Chik Fil A is the only fast food place in which I will eat unless someone I am with really wants something else. I find the people are the friendliest in the biz, and I like the chicken nuggets way better than McD's or others.

Interesting how defensive people are of Chick-fil-A. I only mentioned those three because they were on the Forbes list. I'm not saying their food is fantastic, only that I would choose them over the others on the list. And I have no problem with others not liking the food in those three places.

No one will admit to it. Celebrity endorsements are powerful advertising tools. Subconsciously, they work very well.

Advertisers use to be able to run "split second ads". They would flash the product name on the screen like "Coca-cola" so fast you could not see it, but subconsciously your brain registered it. They banned these types of ads because they were successful.

Marketing research and advertising are amazing subjects.
Subliminal advertising is used on cable and some streaming. It was banned from broadcast TV for a while, but I think it's OK now.

Product placement is a much bigger deal these days.

I posted a link to a podcast that puts that in doubt, or at the very least its effectiveness.

Source for your claim?

I didn't claim that it was effective. There's plenty of scientific evidence that casts doubt on effectiveness. Product placement is far more effective.

Don't have time to look up public references at the moment, but one of the more famous episodes was the "rats" incident involving the Bush campaign ad against Gore.

Hey, I just saw an ad for pistachio nuts. There was some skank looking rapper is shabby clothes eating one.

I like pistachios sometimes, but - I gotta say that cured me. I don't think I'll ever buy a box again. So, I guess celeb ads work. Maybe not the way intended, but they do work.

Interesting how defensive people are of Chick-fil-A. I only mentioned those three because they were on the Forbes list.

Only non-communist, gender confident, socially adept individuals like Chik Fik A. :D

:rofl:

mmm....Krispy Kreme...mmmm...

I'm just glad we don't have one in town. I'd weigh twice what I weigh now.

Back