Catalina: Marine Layer -or- Bison Burger?

wayneda40

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
waynemcc
Let’s see if we get an opening in the marine layer today and make it into Catalina. Welcome aboard! Wayne, GeezerGeek Pilot

Is that Cirrus VisionJet behind you (at 2:11) a local plane?

Also, the blinkey does not bother me. Sometimes I leave it, sometimes I make it go away. It has never messed up my flow. I remember it bothered one CFII while another didn't care either way.

Is that Cirrus VisionJet behind you (at 2:11) a local plane?

Also, the blinkey does not bother me. Sometimes I leave it, sometimes I make it go away. It has never messed up my flow. I remember it bothered one CFII while another didn't care either way.
@asicer... on the Vision Jet, although we frequently have Vision Jets visiting KSBA, I don't believe we yet have any based here.

The concern with "blinkies" is the inadvertent Direct-Enter-Enter when the blinking waypoint in the FPL isn't the intended active waypoint. I have seen this happen... ok, once early on by me :), and a couple times with other pilots.
Thanks for watching!
Wayne

The concern with "blinkies" is the inadvertent Direct-Enter-Enter when the blinking waypoint in the FPL isn't the intended active waypoint. I have seen this happen... ok, once early on by me :), and a couple times with other pilots.
Yeah, I've never experienced that either. :dunno:

Back