Career Path (what to do next?)

Balls to the walls no.

Leaning on the way up, yes, we also had a VEEERY nice JPI.

Although it can't happen, I'd be interested to see the data from that instrument.

Why?

You think you're going to climb top of the green, full rich on a IO550 all the way to 13k and not need to lean it?

"I was told 25"/2500 was better for engine longevity."
"I was told LOP ops fry valves."
and on and on...

Bring me scientific data confirming it, and I'll be happy to change my mind and give both of you an apology.

This doesn't mean I support poor control of the throttle, prop, and mixture.

Ignore advice from seasoned people, certainly fine by me but you aren't flying my aircraft...ever

Why?

You think you're going to climb top of the green, full rich on a IO550 all the way to 13k and not need to lean it?
For my own personal use and understanding of engine ops under specific conditions?

Ignore advice from seasoned people, certainly fine by me but you aren't flying my aircraft...ever

No probs.

Go fly in -25f ambient for a month and tell me shock cooling doesn't exist (hint: it does)

Ask any mechanic in Alaska.

Do you meet pt135 VFR mins? I know of a few places that will hire you. QOL will suck but the money is reasonable and will get you enough time to go elsewhere. Send me a message.

I fly for a living, the days are long but go by fast, and I'm home every night and sleep next to my girlfriend and cat. My quality of life is pretty good.
Did he say his girlfriend was a cat?

Whatever you do, make sure you understand the aeronautical experience required for the ATP and ensure that your path will get you there (assuming that's your end goal). I had a recent applicant who didn't. He wasn't happy.:(

Last edited:
Back