Carb Ice - use for drinks?

mscard88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Mark
Has anyone ever used carb ice for their booze? I asked Steve one of the local mechanics and he just looked at me like I was nuts. Anyone? @eman1200 @Sac Arrow?

image.jpeg

1 1/4 oz 100LL, splash of Bitters, splash of ginger ale, squeeze of lime over carb ice! Best part about it is there is no "bottle to throttle" issues to speak of!

The problem with carb ice is that you don't get much and it melts quickly once you shut down. At least in my experience.

That’s one of the best life hacks there is. If you’ve ever gone down in a forest or something and had to spend the night, than you’ve got to get ice from somewhere to help wash down your booze.

Is this what's known as carb ice?

diamond_660_082817033910.jpg

I do not have a carb ice dispenser installed on my airplane, so, I guess I'm out of luck.

Is this what's known as carb ice?

diamond_660_082817033910.jpg

No, but the related attachments have been the direct cause for uncountable pilots being permagrounded, thus, negating any carb use issues to begin with.

I had a dodge charger that used to get about a 1/4 inch of frosty ice and run like crap. Never thought to use it in a drink though. I imagine tetraethyllead in avgas would give it a metallic taste.

I had a dodge charger that used to get about a 1/4 inch of frosty ice and run like crap. Never thought to use it in a drink though. I imagine tetraethyllead in avgas would give it a metallic taste.

Probably more of a sweet, sugary taste, like that found in lead based paints. I..... I..ve... ve heard...dd..

Will use any ice ,after some of my landings.

On a small cruise ship in Alaska, the captain would dispatch two crew in a small boat to the local iceberg to harvest some ice for coctail hour...

-Skip

Surrounded by screaming eskimo wanting to know why I didn't bring coffee, cigarettes and their government checks....:lol::lol:

At least the FSS guys were amazed, or at least surprised I made it back, and then wanted a breaking action report...

Surrounded by screaming eskimo wanting to know why I didn't bring coffee, cigarettes and their government checks....:lol::lol:

At least the FSS guys were amazed, or at least surprised I made it back, and then wanted a breaking action report...

The weather is always good when the dividend checks are in the mail.

Sometimes I will take the carb ice, and add it to the exhaust coffee for a nice iced latte.

Back