Car Parking at Air Venture 2018

easik

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
easik
Hope everyone is having a great week!
We are here in Wisconsin, going to drive up to the event all week. Need some advise on parking please. What's been your experience and what are the best places to park? thanks.

Get there early for best parking, (blue lot) close to walking in. Otherwise, out in the grey lot and a bus shuttle. The other benefit for early arrival is no long line of cars waiting to get in. I would say 7 am would be a good time.

Copy! thanks.

Park in the Target parking lot (buy some water or snacks at the store first, if you feel inclined), jump on the bus or walk through the fence at the Hilton, and get your wristband at booth at the North 40.

You are basically at the mercy of the parking gods,unless you get there when they open.

Changing subject, saw you at the Sling booth today @easik , we were both talking with company reps, and by the time I was freed up, you were gone. Sorry I missed you!

You can actually pin your parking location within the EAA Airventure app. Is that the same as "with you"? :D

Park in the Target parking lot (buy some water or snacks at the store first, if you feel inclined), jump on the bus or walk through the fence at the Hilton, and get your wristband at booth at the North 40.

Yeah I don't know why more people haven't picked up on this yet. We walked there last year, and it's a massive lot and was pretty much empty

Is this seriously a valid option? We’ll be staying at the dorms, but will have a rental car vs taking the shuttle.

And if you go through the Hilton gate, you’re still on the wrong side of the field. Is there a shuttle up there too?

North 40 shuttles run pretty much all day or “buy” a bike from the Goodwill store neat Target and “donate” it back at the end of the week.

Is this seriously a valid option? We’ll be staying at the dorms, but will have a rental car vs taking the shuttle.

And if you go through the Hilton gate, you’re still on the wrong side of the field. Is there a shuttle up there too?

My wife has done it a few times when I flew in and she met me there. Shuttle runs all along the fence line and goes to Target (but less frequently). The other good part of this is you can take the next exit north of the EAA exits and take the frontage road there and back, avoiding most of the traffic mess.

Back