Car panel mount charger

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
This auto panel mount USB charger has 15 options. (the small colored squares right of the photo)

-I have an Ipad Pro and an IphoneSE to charge, at the same time. (Right now, may change later)
Which of the 15 do I need?

-I do not see any Apple products on the Qualcomm QuickCharge compatibility list, can my devices even get power from those ports? How many amps will the QC charger port provide to them, max?

-anyone know if the charger will put out the advertised amps for both ports at the same time or is this usually a 'one at a time' situation?

Last edited:
You are correct, no Apple devices can do QC3.0 (most QC3.0 chargers are up to 9v and up to 2A). Furthermore, the iPhone SE only charges at 5v/1A. Larger/later iPhones can charge at 5v/2.4A. If the iPad Pro has lightning instead of USB-C then it will also charge at 5v/2.4A. However any decent charger that can do QC3.0 can also do 5v/2.4A. If the iPad Pro has USB-C then you will want a charger that can do USB PD.

A female to male usb adapter with a 5 volt zener diode a a couple of resisters and a small capacitor added inside will save your iphone from disaster.
You can find circuits online. I think you can buy the adapter already built.

Wasn’t really worried about disaster; what circs would pose that risk?

Was just wondering which of the 15 choices would be most appropriate for my situation.

Wasn’t really worried about disaster; what circs would pose that risk?

Was just wondering which of the 15 choices would be most appropriate for my situation.
QC3.0+2.4. The 3.1 and 4.2 max out at 2.1A on a single port. If they had a 3.4 or 4.8 then that's what I'd recommend, but they don't so the QC3.0+2.4 is the closest they come. Dual QC3.0 will also do the job but probably overkill for you, unless you really want the voltmeter.

I dunno, my truck has a 110 AC outlet. I use the wall wart that comes with the phone...

Back