Car Decisions...

Anthony said:
I like the Toyota MR2 and I think Len's right. This is the last year. I also like the Miata, a friend of mine (yeah the same guy with the $225K V35B) bought a limited edtion Mazdaspeed turbocharged version with 180 HP. He never drives it in the rain or bad weather. Its just a toy, but it goes like a bat out of hell.

Personally, I like the Honda S2000 and Nissan 350Z for mid priced sports cars.
I bought a Miata SE (6 speed, 140 hp, no turbo) last spring. I got rear ended. Did 5 figures of damage. Repaired. Now it's worth so little I can't really sell it. So it's my "fun" or airport "spare" car. I love it but there's just not enough metal. Especially with the Insurance Institute of Highway Safety's SUV sized side impact test. The compacts get demolished, the dummies die. The side airbags make the difference.

I think the sleeper in this group is the MX8 which only has a 1.2 L engine (but it's a 210 hp WANKEL. The suicide doors are only for the insurance sized backseat. It's easy on the insurance checkbook. But, I like the top down in spring.

In a week or two, back to the Ford 500. Stodgy. Good performer. Huge interior. 8 airbags. Makes sense. My Miata doesn't make sense.

Back