cape cod - easy breakfast flight for a cherokee?

yachtjim

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Jim
I want to take my wife and kid on a quick and easy flight to somewhere for breakfast within walking distance of the airport. Already done the vineyard and nantucket. Any other easy spots? Flying out of 2b1. Provincetown? Block island? Somehwere in Maine? Looking for suggestions. Thanks!

KPVC is a great airport but not within walking distance of Ptown or a restaurant but its with in a very short cab ride. You might also try Chatham KCQX it has a restaurant on field but I've never been there.

Looking for something that we could not otherwise easily drive.to.

Sanford Maine KSFM has a restaurant on the field. I haven't eaten there but is was packed when I stopped by which is usually a pretty good indication that it is OK.

There is a restaurant on the field at Stow, MA 6B6 also, that I think is pretty good.

Keep in mind I love Block Island and highly recommend flying there. It is probably one of the best places to travel to by small plane.

Just a heads up though. I have eaten at the airport restaurant twice in the last month an have not had a good experience either time. I don't expect anything fancy or special there but everyone working there seems unhappy and with an attitude. The last thing I ate there was a fish sandwich. It had a thin square fish patty that would have been right at home on a McFish sandwich.

Town and many restraunts is a downhill walk of about 20-30 minutes or cabs are readily availible at both ends.

Keep in mind I love Block Island and highly recommend flying there. It is probably one of the best places to travel to by small plane.

Just a heads up though. I have eaten at the airport restaurant twice in the last month an have not had a good experience either time. I don't expect anything fancy or special there but everyone working there seems unhappy and with an attitude. The last thing I ate there was a fish sandwich. It had a thin square fish patty that would have been right at home on a McFish sandwich.

Town and many restraunts is a downhill walk of about 20-30 minutes or cabs are readily availible at both ends.

Flew out to BID for the first time back in Feb. Had a late breakfast at the airport restaurant and enjoyed it. I had just the opposite experience. Nice folks, good food.

Unfortunately, I didn't book enough time in the rental to venture away from the airport. Next time I want to check out the town. Beautiful place indeed.

Sanford Maine KSFM has a restaurant on the field. I haven't eaten there but is was packed when I stopped by which is usually a pretty good indication that it is OK.

There is a restaurant on the field at Stow, MA 6B6 also, that I think is pretty good.
Sanford is probably the best on airport cafe I've been to in New England. Nice airport and good food.

I've done Chatham.....FYI, it is a true greasy spoon. My wife was NOT impressed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

HYA has tons of places walking distance - there is a mall 1/2 mile walk from Griffin - free parking - a Christmas tree shop, Yankee Candle, etc right across the street basically. K-Mart - all sorts of places -

PYM = yep -

BID - absolutely.

MVY - Airport Cafe right at the airport, take the bus or a cab to the various towns -

ACK - restaurant on field but tons of others a short cab ride away

1B2 - Katama - break your grass field cherry if you haven't - go to the beach and get a nice meal at the cafe there -

and then when you want some eye candy and $5 a lb lobster meat [all meat no shell] hit PWM . . take the crew car for 2 hours. . .

and finally = though also not on the cape - EWB. Airport Grille has Michelin stars - not very common at an airport choke and puke . . .

KFIT - Fitchburg has a nice place right on the field. KEEN, Keene, NH has a place right outside the gate (Campys?).

There used to be an ice cream stand just off airport at Jaffery NH. Is it still there?

For the cape CQX has a rest on field not open every day . There is a nice breakfast rest within walking distance from airport johns px the counter person can give direction.Mvy Has a good buis system very cheap from airport to town for a change.

Has it changed ownership???

I was there ~5 years ago. I can think of a lot of ways to describe it, but "top notch" isn't one of them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It has changed ownership BIGTIME around two years ago. I went there before the change and you are totally correct, it was disgusting.

Hangar B is gourmet and has almost a 30-60 minute wait ever time I go there on the weekend. Its not the same place at all as before.

Back