Cant tell if good deal. 1st plane

This market is whack.
Had a guy recently telling me it's just now getting back to where it's 'supposed to be'.

Yes...he was a salesman.

1979, so the engine is way past calendar TBO, and it has a panel full of ballast and boat anchors. . .still, if that's the market value for one in that shape, I'd have to start considering other models. . .
Calendar TBO is nearly always reached before the hours number is reached, for a personal airplane. For some engines, it's a mere twelve years. Looking at Controller for certain airplanes I'm interested in, I find that way over 50% have had that time tick by.

Calendar TBO is nearly always reached before the hours number is reached, for a personal airplane. For some engines, it's a mere twelve years. Looking at Controller for certain airplanes I'm interested in, I find that way over 50% have had that time tick by.
Roger, it seems most folks don't sweat the calendar TBO . . .this seems awful long, though - 40 years. I don't think a couple years past would dissuade me, but this one seems a long time of not flying very much. Just sitting, rusting, etc.

Back