Can't Renew ForeFlight

Lance F

En-Route
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Lance F
Maybe one of you ForeFlight and/or iTunes experts can advise me.

My ForeFlight HD annual subscription expires on 12/5. In my Accounts section I get the choices of ForeFlight HD (1 Year), ForeFlight HD Pro (1 Year), and a couple of others.

I click ForeFlight HD Pro because I'd like to try that. Next I get a popup saying "Submitting iTunes order" followed by a window asking "Confirm Your In-App Purchase". I click "Buy." Then I get a popup window saying "You Can't Purchase This...You must purchase the app that this item is for before you can purchase the item. OK".

Well beyond the painful English, what the heck does this mean? How do I get ForeFlight to renew (at the upgraded Pro level)?

Either:
You need the iPad 3.
or
What you're clicking is an upgrade, and you have to renew the base item first, ie. you buy HD, AND HD Pro.
or
The iTunes store is screwed up.

Probably item 3, but you never know.

Email support - they will get back to you pretty quickly.

Email support - they will get back to you pretty quickly.
I tried that on their Contacts page. A page with this in 100 font size letters came up:
Sorry, there was a problem sending the message. Please try again later.

Guess I picked the wrong day to give up sniffing glue.

It seems that unknowingly I have two iTunes accounts. I'm guessing that somehow when I purchased Foreflight a year ago, it was with the "other" account. This is going to take some sorting out.

Buy the regular $75 pack, then, upgrade for the difference. You will get redirected to a website and it will process that way.

And, if you have any previous subscriptions, they state they will give you a discount/credit for time used at some pro-rated amount.

the upgrade is kick ass, I recommend using bad elf GPS adapter for added signal quality up to FL600, mach 1... Especially since we all continually fly at those conditions. lol

It seems that unknowingly I have two iTunes accounts. I'm guessing that somehow when I purchased Foreflight a year ago, it was with the "other" account. This is going to take some sorting out.

I had that problem last year due to the iPhone change and/or purchase of the iPad, I forget which.

Team@foreflight.com had it fixed in less than 24 hours.

Thanks all. I had to change to the correct iTunes account, delete my existing ForeFlight, reload the ForeFlight app, then reload my charts. On both my iPad and my iPhone. Took a little time, but everything's good now. Looking forward to seeing how the georeferenced approach plates and taxi diagrams work.

Back