Canada -v- USA For The Gold!

Well, Canada didn't "Own the Podium" as they'd hoped, but they did own the top step of it! 14 Gold Medals for the GWN!:yesnod:

Well, Canada didn't "Own the Podium" as they'd hoped, but they did own the top step of it! 14 Gold Medals for the GWN!:yesnod:

Both side looked good. USA had opportunities that just would not get in the net. No excuses Canada won.

Could not have been a better finish for Canada, story book stuff for sure. Very cool game and tourney. Congrats!

How bout we do a double or nothing in curling eh? :lol:

I thought the first Canada USA game was amazing, but this one had to be one of the greatest hockey games I've ever seen.

I have to chuckle at Mari's photos. Kinda reminded me of some of the scenes of downtown Green Bay during Superbowl 31 and 32

Okay, I have a question. What does some dude belting out opera verses have to do with the closing ceremonies of the Olympic games? :sleep:

Hey Ole, vat ve goona do vit dem old worn-out millstones? Any gemes da kids can play vit dem?

Duuno. Put one of dem here on da froze pond and slide it across. See if you can make it stop right over dere by dat cow-pie.

Both side looked good. USA had opportunities that just would not get in the net. No excuses Canada won.

Could not have been a better finish for Canada, story book stuff for sure. Very cool game and tourney. Congrats!

How bout we do a double or nothing in curling eh? :lol:

Hey Ole, vat ve goona do vit dem old worn-out millstones? Any gemes da kids can play vit dem?

Duuno. Put one of dem here on da froze pond and slide it across. See if you can make it stop right over dere by dat cow-pie.

Ya Swen, doss sounds like a good ol time! :sleep::sleep::sleep:

Frickin' Crosby. Figures it had to be him. :mad3:

Have they gotten back to work up in Canada yet? I'll bet there were a few hang overs after that win.

That verse is kinda catchy! "The good ol hockey game, is the best game you can name."

Have they gotten back to work up in Canada yet? I'll bet there were a few hang overs after that win.

That verse is kinda catchy! "The good ol hockey game, is the best game you can name."

Old song, new lyrics, but the chorus was retained...

Dunno if they've gotten back to work yet or not.

I'd never seen so much football and hockey until the most current season(s). My 70 yr. old cousin retired from MA to near my former house in Topsham, ME. She likes to cook; I live to eat, so figure it out. It turned out she's a football and hockey walking encyclopedia(as well as having skied at many large resorts including Whistler) and has become my skiing buddy. So where the heck did she get those interests?

Think Boston University -- student/graduate in late 50s-early 60s era. Her former husband was a BU football player and hockey player as well as speed skater. She knew, socially, several of the 1962(?) USA Olympic Hockey Team; and through the years, Mike Milbury, Jim Craig, Bobby Orr, coaches Jack Parker and Jack Kelley. The family for whom she was a vice president for 37 years(Martignetti Licquors) are personal friends of Robert Kraft and Kraft, Jr.; so you know who is the favored football team. Best seats at Gillette Stadium games. Oh, and baseball? Well, you can figure that one.

All during the Olympics I was getting side commentaries on the retired hockey stars from the earlier TEAMs USA who were either telecast guests or commentators. I'd never met a female so wound-up in football, hockey, and baseball.

The pictures? Rather special baseballs which sit in a Martignetti corporate office in Norwood, MA.

And congratulations, Canada; it was a spectacular match.

HR(but now I have to find the photos to post.)(They finally uploaded via satellite)

During

Attachments

• Recovery of Dec. 2007 to July 17, 2008 890.jpg
    Recovery of Dec. 2007 to July 17, 2008 890.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 4
  • Recovery of Dec. 2007 to July 17, 2008 891.jpg
    Recovery of Dec. 2007 to July 17, 2008 891.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 4
  • Recovery of Dec. 2007 to July 17, 2008 892.jpg
    Recovery of Dec. 2007 to July 17, 2008 892.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Thanks, I wasn't aware they changed it in 1994.

Yeah...Parliament had nothing better to do than pass that law! Probably why Chrétien didn't get around to repealing the GST like he'd promised to do...(It can't go into the Spin Zone if most of the people don't understand the political reference therein)

Last edited:
Yeah...Parliament had nothing better to do than pass that law! Probably why Chrétien didn't get around to repealing the GST like he'd promised to do...(It can't go into the Spin Zone if most of the people don't understand the political reference therein)

Can't repeal it with all those untouchable entitlements you asked for...

During the recent Olympics, Air Canada frequently ran TV commercials showing excited sports fans passing through airports around the world, enthralled by the Games.

It turns out that those ads were pretty accurate. The airline was forced to delay a flight from Vancouver because passengers watching the end of gold medal men's hockey game on airport televisions ignored repeated calls to board.

"We incurred a flight delay for a reason Air Canada had not yet encountered in over 72 years of existence," chief executive Calin Rovinescu told a business gathering Tuesday.

http://www.vancouversun.com/travel/Gold+medal+hockey+kept+plane+ground/2665966/story.html
Only in Canada!

Back