Can your PC do THIS?

mikea

Touchdown! Greaser!
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iWin
Ok, all you Mac haters, you wanna bees, you bashers....

Look what I can do with my brand spankin' new MacBook Pro, with 2Ghz Dual Core Intel of Cuppertino goodness!

Which one should be my new avatar?

Attachments

• MyPicture0.jpg
    MyPicture0.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 20
  • MyPicture1.jpg
    MyPicture1.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 14
  • MyPicture2.jpg
    MyPicture2.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 11
  • MyPicture3.jpg
    MyPicture3.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 10
Who would've known a mac could be so ugly! <VBG> No offence, Mike...I just couldn't resist.

Jason

P.S. I'd love a MacBook Pro...but I think I'd rather spend the money flying in the air, soaring with the birds, taking in the beautiful summer-time sunsets. Nothing will beat that in my opinion; nothing. Fly safe!

Last edited:
mikea said:

Look what I can do with my brand spankin' new MacBook Pro, with 2Ghz Dual Core Intel of Cuppertino goodness!

You look really, uh, smart in the first one. :D

Did you do that with PhotoBooth or whatever that's called?

flyingcheesehead said:
You look really, uh, smart in the first one. :D

Did you do that with PhotoBooth or whatever that's called?

Yeah. Just got video iChat working.

I made iTunes on the MacBook the definitive source for the iPod. I think it deleted 15GB of stuff when I synced. Wonder if I'll miss any of it. Must of that didn't show up in the playlists because I dragged it across manually because I was loading the iPod on multiple Macs.

I did this on my home made piece of crap. windoz 98se using "paint"

Last edited:
I vote for the last one. Kinda looks like a younger Alan Greenspan. :)

BTW Mike, I know this is sacrilege, but have you tried Windoze & Boot Camp on your MBP yet? Sounds like that could be a good deal for us pilots to be able to run Win-only aviation apps.

-Rich

rpadula said:
I vote for the last one. Kinda looks like a younger Alan Greenspan. :)

BTW Mike, I know this is sacrilege, but have you tried Windoze & Boot Camp on your MBP yet? Sounds like that could be a good deal for us pilots to be able to run Win-only aviation apps.

-Rich

Coming soon! I have all the disks in place. I just need time to use my round tuit.

My Mom just asked me how much a laptop costs. My niece is asking for one. I told her forget it. I'd give my niece my old one.

Then I had thoughts about how many ways a kid can screw up a Windows PC. A Mac Mini would be better...

Then I remembered that I need DOS and a serial port to download data from my JPI engine analyzer. I found a USB/Serial adapter for $40 that works with Windows and Mac. Whether it works with Windows ON a Mac is another question, but I suppose it should. I get to be a test pilot. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
rpadula said:

The only problem is that you have to reboot. There is a company working on some software to allow you to use Windoze software while OS X is booted, that would allow you to have the best of both worlds.

I have an old old old copy of Virtual PC for OS X (which, BTW, does not work on the Macintels) that I just used to download the AOPA RTFP. It seems to work just fine.

Of course, as a Mac user I can't believe you people think RTFP is good. I've been envisioning a piece of flight planning (among other things) software that I'll write for the Mac when I get a round tuit. I was very disappointed in RTFP.

>Can your PC do THIS?

Better question: Why would I want my computer to be able to do that?

For the record: I don't hate Macs specifically over PC's. I simply hate all computers equally.

P.S. I still fully intend to throw one, a full desktop machine including the monitor, while it's running, out of an airplane from substantial AGL eventually. I'll sell video's to just about anyone that wants a copy.

fgcason said:
>Can your PC do THIS?

Better question: Why would I want my computer to be able to do that?

For the record: I don't hate Macs specifically over PC's. I simply hate all computers equally.

P.S. I still fully intend to throw one, a full desktop machine including the monitor, while it's running, out of an airplane from substantial AGL eventually. I'll sell video's to just about anyone that wants a copy.
There is (used to be?) a place down South where you could rent an Uzi and a shooting range. Some geeks destroyed some old computers and printers. In "Office Space" they just used a baseball bat on the "PC LOAD LETTER" printer.

Posted from a Macbook Pro on a moving train. Ain't technology wunnerful?

fgcason said:
...P.S. I still fully intend to throw one, a full desktop machine including the monitor, while it's running, out of an airplane from substantial AGL eventually. I'll sell video's to just about anyone that wants a copy.

Oooh--ooh, can I come? Can I fly the plane while you do the tossing? I don't hate all computers, but I do think that sounds like fun. :) (Especially if a certain Dilbert-type boss can be attached to one of the computers.)

mikea said:
There is (used to be?) a place down South where you could rent an Uzi and a shooting range. Some geeks destroyed some old computers and printers. In "Office Space" they just used a baseball bat on the "PC LOAD LETTER" printer.

Guns lack class. Bang, it's dead jim. Done. Woopie doo. There's absolutely no satisfaction in that. Even a steel pipe and ten minutes of wacking will leave you feeling that the computer still got the best of you in the end.

This isn't just about making a computer stop functioning by knocking out any one of the tens of thousands of electrical connections inside or doing some very modest damage to the case. Remember that those evil tv's have tortured us in the most cruel manner they could come up with for years. This is about REVENGE!

Plummeting thousands of feet to bust itself to smithereens and killing each individual component in the computer at impact (while it's running some completely meaningless trivial program that's extremely annoying to the computer) and scattering the pieces all over kingdom come... :yes: That'll do.

mikea said:
Ain't technology wunnerful?
No. Not particularly. :no:

fgcason said:
.... This is about REVENGE!

Plummeting thousands of feet to bust itself to smithereens and killing each individual component in the computer at impact (while it's running some completely meaningless trivial program that's extremely annoying to the computer) and scattering the pieces all over kingdom come... :yes: That'll do....:

Oh yeah. What he said. (I still want to go along.)

terry

mikea said:
What's the big deal? I've been doing that from my PHONE for months! ;)

I like the idea of destroying old computers. Then everyone will need new ones and we'll sell lots more processors and chip sets. And maybe, just maybe, our stock price will go up and my options will be worth something. :rolleyes:

terzap said:
(I still want to go along.)

For assorted reasons that's just not going to happen. You'll just have to wait for the movie like everyone else.

Besides, if there was a list, which there isn't, you just put yourself as Number Last when you said this:
terzap said:
I don't hate all computers
No wishywashy computer huggers allowed.
You either believe completely in the cause or you don't.

mikea said:

How about....E) None of the above.

I'm gonna have trouble getting to sleep at night now! :p:p

Brian Austin said:
mikea said:
What's the big deal? I've been doing that from my PHONE for months! ;)

As have I. After a while the small screen on the [Windows Mobile!] phone gets tiring. I have had some practical uses like looking up the nearest store location while having dinner out. Some of the map sites really suck no matter how big your screen is.

My point above was I was using my Cingular [Windows Mobile!] phone to get the Macbook online with a Bluetooth link. It often even works. It often works for while. It often gets decent bandwidth for a while. ;)

Last edited:
mikea said:
My point above was I was using my Cingular [Windows Mobile!] phone to get the Macbook online with a Bluetooth link. It often even works. It often works for while. It often gets decent bandwidth for a while. ;)
Again, been doing that from my Sager WinXP laptop to my Sprint PPC6700 phone for months. Old news. :D

Brian Austin said:
Again, been doing that from my Sager WinXP laptop to my Sprint PPC6700 phone for months. Old news. :D
I may be dumping the data plan and getting a card from somebody else if Cingular doesn't fix things like trying to make me pay for the phone I returned.

The first carrier that has good coverage and connectivity and ships a Express 34 card is going to have a lotta bizness.

mikea said:
I may be dumping the data plan and getting a card from somebody else if Cingular doesn't fix things like trying to make me pay for the phone I returned.

The first carrier that has good coverage and connectivity and ships a Express 34 card is going to have a lotta bizness.
Admittedly, Sprint doesn't have the best coverage nationwide but I haven't found too many areas where I couldn't hook up to the 'net with at least dialup speeds. Phoenix metro, Las Vegas, and San Diego (my three primary areas) all support EVDO and I'll typically get between 200-500K, depending on how far away I am from the tower. Once I leave the cities, I still stay connected but it's at dialup speeds. It's nice that it automatically switches speeds without losing the connection, though.

One nice thing I DO like about Sprint: no crippling of any of the features on this phone. If the phone had it, Sprint supports it. Verizon is carrying the same phone but killed a lot of the cool functionality.

flyingcheesehead said:
The only problem is that you have to reboot. There is a company working on some software to allow you to use Windoze software while OS X is booted, that would allow you to have the best of both worlds.

*cough*:rolleyes:

http://www.parallels.com/en/products/desktop/

It's so much like VMWare I'm wondering if these guys in Russia are actually using the code.

Windows XP is FAST in the VM! and the CPU load on the host is pretty small.

Attachments

• Parallels Desk med.jpg
    Parallels Desk med.jpg
    343.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
mikea said:

Mike,

I vote for plan "B" stick with your original avatar, otherwise I may have to repo the MBP :)

Ron

Brian Austin said:
One nice thing I DO like about Sprint: no crippling of any of the features on this phone. If the phone had it, Sprint supports it. Verizon is carrying the same phone but killed a lot of the cool functionality.

Which is why I switched to Cingular. Very happy so far, though I've gotta admit that Verizon's network, and their customer service, are a little better.

Back