Can you fly at night with a FO with night restrictions?

Coaralis

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Coaralis
So i have my class 3 medical so far, but I failed my color test and got a night time restriction and light gun restriction. I’ll see about removing those restrictions soon, but once I get my class 1 and i still have those restrictions, am I able to fly at night for an airline with a first officer?

Pretty sure you cannot get a First Class with that restriction, but I am not an AME. Anyway I am more sure you probably wouldn’t get hired with that restriction.

So i have my class 3 medical so far, but I failed my color test and got a night time restriction and light gun restriction. I’ll see about removing those restrictions soon, but once I get my class 1 and i still have those restrictions, am I able to fly at night for an airline with a first officer?
You need to take care of the color blindness (as I did) before you get a 1st class As Greg stated - you may want to consult with an AME to see if you can get it issued with the restriction. Pretty sure you CAN get the 1st class but it will be extremely difficult IMO to get a job with restrictions like that.

Dr Bruce helped me get my color blindness taken care of - you should reach out.

So i have my class 3 medical so far, but I failed my color test and got a night time restriction and light gun restriction.
Which test was administered? And what it done properly?

If it was the Ishara color dot plates, there are many stories about that test not being done in the proper conditions (example, under fluorescent light instead of natural daylight) or with plates that are old and faded or for another reason not up to scratch.

If it was a different test, tell us which one and under what lighting conditions was it administered.

Fortunately, there is more than one test to check for color blindness. As EminiTrader said, Dr. Bruce Chien (www.aeromedicaldoc.com) is well acquainted with them all and can assist with the "second opinion" concept.

Also, before you went for your AME visit, were you aware of any color blindness issues?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back